PDA

View Full Version : Made it through the day

MyPerfectImperfections
04-14-2014, 05:39 PM
It seems that when I wake up in the morning all I think about is just simply making it through the day.*

On Tuesday I went to school like I always do, didn't feel any different. Had a lot of anxiety just thinking about going. During my second class I ended up having a panic attack, which is really nothing new. When I feel one starting or feel my anxiety is getting out of hand I get up, mumble to the teacher that I need to step out for a minute, then deal with it. However, this time I wasn't able to get up, it seems it all happened so fast. One of my classmates called for the teacher, at this point I don't even know what was happening, everything went black. Teachers were all around me saying "it's okay" and I wasn't able to talk but I was screaming inside "no it's not okay, I can't breathe, call an ambulance!" my thoughts were crazy, I really thought I was about to die on that floor. That was the most terrifying experience.*I believe it's the worst one that I've ever had during the day.*
Since that day I've been having them every single day.

Today I didnt have one, and my anxiety didn't seem that bad.*Going through this every day is definitely bringing my mood down, it was nice to have this little break, hopefully it continues.*

-Minnie

jessed03
04-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Hey Minnie.

It's a horrible way to live sometimes, but often a necessity when suffering from anxiety - Just survive the day!

I'm glad you're getting a mini break from everything. Those are nice.

Do you take anything to help manage your attacks? A benzo maybe? You're courageous if you can go through them alone, but for me, knowing something was there helped ease some of the intensity.

I hope your mini break lasts another day :)

MyPerfectImperfections
04-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Hi,

No, I don't take anything at the moment. Some days I do like to be alone during them, only for the fact that most people don't seem to understand and just stare at me unsure of what to do, which for me, only makes it worse. There are others, which I agree with you, that I would much prefer someone being there with me.

Thank you! It really is nice, definitely going to enjoy it while it lasts. Hope everything is going great with you as well!

-Minnie