PDA

View Full Version : Switching to Effexor

Pcbelle
05-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi, Is anyone out there taking Effexor, my doc. is trying to switch me over to that. I had taken Lexapro for about 5 years and was doing good until just recently. I have had a lot of anxiety attacks. I have clonopin for them, but it just makes me like a zombie. I would just love to quit taking everything, but of course scared about that and the outcome

Dixxie
06-17-2008, 06:26 PM
I took Effexor for 3 days (37.5 ml.) and got so sick with nausea and headache that I have stopped it. The same happened with Paxil Cr. I guess non of the SSRI's are good for me.

ebony
08-21-2008, 09:57 PM
i tried effexor for a short while.
it did what i needed in the short term ~ jumpstarted me out of a very bad situation.
but then i started getting the golden glow and felt like i had the flu.
later, i almost jumped off a bridge onto rush hour interstate traffic below.
i quit taking it.

but my father took it about 2-3 years ago to help him deal with chronic pain.
he didn't have those problems (that i know of).

benbrh17
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
I've been on effexor for almost a month taking about 150 mg. each day now. At first when taking it, it caused a lot of eye irritation. It hasn't at all gotten rid of any anxiety or depression though yet.

idreamofskiba
10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
I was on it for about a year three years ago. It did ok. I hated the side effects. I recently went back on it for about a week and was reminded how much I hated it. So I stopped again. Whatever you do, don't miss a dose or stop taking it without talking to your doctor about getting off of it. Withdrawl effects are the worst.

bomont
11-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I've been on it for 3 years and its helped me incredibly.

Lately, however, I'm feeling low and anxious again so I intend to go back to my doctor. Not sure if I need to up my dose or something.

You do have side effects initially and need to give them at least 2 weeks before anything positive will come out of it. Three days will do absolutely nothing but present initial side effects.

Aleforge
12-02-2008, 07:11 AM
I was on 375mg daily for about a year and at first it seemed to help but then the side effects heavily out weighed any benefit I got. The withdrawl period was the worst though, took me months to feel normal again!

Brown
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I am currently taking Effexor and the only thing I have to complain about is the nausea but I take it at night before bed. I have only been on it for 1and a half weeks. Also I take 75mg a night!

black25
01-18-2010, 11:20 AM
here are some side effects:

increased blood pressure (severe headache, blurred vision);
easy bruising or bleeding;
severe blistering, peeling, and red skin rash;
very stiff (rigid) muscles, high fever, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, tremors, overactive reflexes;
nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, feeling unsteady, loss of coordination; or
headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness, confusion, hallucinations, fainting, seizure, shallow breathing or breathing that stops

and these are just some side effects. You must be very conscious of meds and really do your research before taking them or try to find an alternative.