PDA

View Full Version : Does this theory check out?

WestCanada05
04-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Okay so Its been over 5 months now that I have been battling anxiety, fatigue, stress, nausea, and all types of fears and worries. What recently came to light for me is that Stomach IPP medication ( reduces stomach acid) makes it harder for your body to absorb certain medications. I have been taking these for half a year about 1.5 years ago. Since then I also began doing lots of working out and lifting. What I may suspect is that my body might be lacking a lot of vitamins and along with the stress of relationship fall out, buying a home, work worries and health problems in the family has caused my anxiety to spike.

It just sucks that I have not recovered from this episode of anxiety and its been my worst one yet. years ago I had much more worry and stress, but the anxiety symptoms were minor and I was able to beat them which felt great. However this time I feel like I am not making any progress, I am having physical anxiety problems that I have never before experienced. At this point I would not say its ruining my life, but its not making it a very fun one right now. The problem for me too is that a lot of the time my mind is very calm and I am not really thinking about a lot of problems, but the physical symptoms keep me on edge all the time.

Fourteen14
04-14-2014, 02:50 PM
It's possible that you could be lacking nutrients.

However, it sounds far more plausible that (moving home, relationship and family) problems are more likely what is at the root of both the psychological and physical symptoms.

You don't need to be having wild and worrying thoughts to have an over active nervous system, merely the "on edge" feeling can cause the physical symptoms to persist.

The physical symptoms also take far longer (months) to subside even when the mind is clear.

Bear in mind that your post mentions the most important strands of a persons sense of wellbeing and security (home, work, relationships and health), if all or many of these aspects are compromised this will absolutely cause mental distress (even subconsciously).