PDA

View Full Version : Panic!

MrsJ88
04-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Just started feeling panicky or something. Like sweaty, nauseated, breathing weird... Chest feels pressure, dry mouth. It's so scary and I'll never get used to panic attacks/anxiety.

MrsJ88
04-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Now I'm getting dry mouth

AliasEQ
04-13-2014, 07:48 PM
Relax...

You've been through this before. Nothing happend and nothing will happen now.

Distract yourself. Go for a walk, watch TV, play games, workout, whatever. Stop thinking about it and try to stop worry. It feels horrible, but worrying won't help it.

MrsJ88
04-13-2014, 07:53 PM
Relax... You've been through this before. Nothing happend and nothing will happen now. Distract yourself. Go for a walk, watch TV, play games, workout, whatever. Stop thinking about it and try to stop worry. It feels horrible, but worrying won't help it.

Thanks. I'm trying to calm down. I'm currently stuck in the bathroom

AliasEQ
04-13-2014, 08:09 PM

Don't fight it. Don't force it to go away. If it wants to stay, then you tell it that its more than welcome!

It won't hurt you. Want it to stay

Dahila
04-13-2014, 08:11 PM

Distract yourself, you will be fine:)

MrsJ88
04-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Distract yourself, you will be fine:)

Thanks Dahlia

MrsJ88
04-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Don't fight it. Don't force it to go away. If it wants to stay, then you tell it that its more than welcome! It won't hurt you. Want it to stay

That's very good advice. Sometimes I just have to let go and just panic

Exactice
04-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes, Dont fight it.... when you fight it, it starts to snowball more.

What I do is treat it like a child throwing a tantrum. Its temporary and you just need to calm it down. Take deep breaths slowly but confidently. Then talk it down, Seriously talk to it. Tell it that there is nothing wrong, there is no danger. There is nothing to be afraid of. When you talk it down its amazing how quickly your body will realize that its "Overreacting"

Remember, Panic attacks are your "fight or flight mechanism" that are misguided and confused. It takes us to tell it that all will be ok!

You can do it!

littleone123
04-14-2014, 06:07 AM
I feel exactly the same and I tend to try fight it all the time. It's hard to do the opposite when ur whole life u have fought it. I find myself talking to it now and trying to calm myself down. Also find writing on paper continuously 'I will be ok there is nothing to fear' because as you write it you are saying it in your head and sort of distracting from the feelings and telling yourself you will be ok. Xx