PDA

View Full Version : Life Update

Olive Yew
04-13-2014, 05:59 PM
So... I'm going to the doctor for the first time in all this madness. Not for anxiety, though, but for my digestion. Constant constipation, pain, discomfort, and newly blood in my stool rarely means anything good. The worry of it has made me have sporadic bouts of anxiety. :( i'm terrified of it being colon cancer. So very scared :(

AnxiousPsychGrad
04-14-2014, 03:12 AM
I used to be terrified of going to the bathroom because of my digestion issues. I would always think "This is it. This time I'm definitely going to have blood in my stool." Crazy.. I know. But my stomach gives me SO many problems. I've learned that worrying only makes matters worse, especially with digestion. If you're seeing bright red, no reason to worry. If your stools are black and tarry, this could be a sign of upper track bleeding. It could be something as simple as ulcers. You look fairly young in your picture certainly you have nothing to worry about. :)

Olive Yew
04-14-2014, 05:58 AM
I'll be 20 in August. It wouldnt be as much of a big deal if i didnt feel nauseous and in pain too.

GeneAllen
04-14-2014, 07:20 AM
You feel ill due to constipation. Blood in stool if bright is from pushing hard as you have been constipated. Drink 1 gallon of water a day, if on meds drink two. Avoid white sugar, use honey instead. You'll be dropping the kids off at the pool in no time ( pooping). :D

Peace

Olive Yew
04-14-2014, 07:40 AM
You feel ill due to constipation. Blood in stool if bright is from pushing hard as you have been constipated. Drink 1 gallon of water a day, if on meds drink two. Avoid white sugar, use honey instead. You'll be dropping the kids off at the pool in no time ( pooping). :D Peace

I drink (and pee) like a race horse. I always use honey instead of sugar. Not on medications.

jessed03
04-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Did you take probiotic as part of your program that you were on? Did it help?

A lot of people on here are having some great success with food allergy/intolerance tests. I don't know if that's something you'd think may help your overall gut health. If you can't tolerate wheat and dairy, there can often be other things that keep your immune system repressed too. Not always, but sometimes.

You get a pass with the anxiety btw. You're allowed it when you're genuinely feeling pretty poorly. ;)

Olive Yew
04-15-2014, 06:49 AM
I DO take probiotics

Dahila
04-15-2014, 07:14 AM
water , probiotic and all the advice is good, but the first and the most important is to have at least 20 grams of fiber a day. It will solve the problems, and drop the chocolate. No pain killers. Fiber I do not mean fiber from some shit from pharmacy, I mean the fiber in veggies and fruit. It is important for the whole body.
Wheat intolerance would not cause constipation...
Another thingy is to move around

jessed03
04-15-2014, 07:43 AM
If you feel you still have inflammation, then it's worth looking into things that will reduce that and give you better digestive health. If not, then some small changes should help a lot.

When you run out of your probiotic, try some kefir. Im seeing it's even better than probiotic. Cheaper too, you can pick up grains for so cheap, and then feed them.

I think kefir can fix every problem in the world maybe? I think for world peace people just need more kefir.