PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety every weekend like clock work

Blessed
04-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Need some advice. We go to the race every weekend and it never fails.....I'm in a constant state of panic, jittery energy, worry, fear and just hyper alertness. I wish I could go and enjoy myself like I used to and not worry if I was getting too hot or too far from home or worry if I will pass out or panic please help!

butterfly82
04-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Did something happen there that makes you anxious?

Blessed
04-12-2014, 03:02 PM
I have had several panic attacks on different occasions there. It's out in the country so not close to hospital which puts me on edge. I get myself stressed and worked up before we even get there

butterfly82
04-12-2014, 03:08 PM
I have had several panic attacks on different occasions there. It's out in the country so not close to hospital which puts me on edge. I get myself stressed and worked up before we even get there

That's how I am too---I feel like I have to be near a hospital and if I had a panic attack somewhere I avoid it or I feel like I'll have another one there.

I finally talked to my doctor who prescribed me Kolonopin to take as needed for situations like that and it's helped tremendously.

Blessed
04-12-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm on Prozac daily and ativan as needed

butterfly82
04-12-2014, 03:20 PM
I'm on Prozac daily and ativan as needed

Is it helping? Sometimes the dosage needs to be increased.

I don't have a whole lot of advice since I go through the same way. But maybe work yourself up Ina positive way like the week before. Think of things that you enjoy about going to the race. What makes it fun, get yourself excited to go. Listen to some relaxing music on the way, watch a funny movie the night before.

Are the people you go with supportive?

Blessed
04-12-2014, 03:23 PM
I recently increased my Prozac from 10 to 20. The ppl I go with know I get anxious..... They see me checking my pulse or looking online they wanna help but don't know how. I wish I could get over whatever it is

butterfly82
04-12-2014, 03:26 PM
I recently increased my Prozac from 10 to 20. The ppl I go with know I get anxious..... They see me checking my pulse or looking online they wanna help but don't know how. I wish I could get over whatever it is

I wish I could jut get over it too, but my doctor recently told me this is something I will likely deal with my whole life, so I need to learn to manage it.

Breathing techniques are often helpful. Honestly- I think the more you take the fear head on the more quickly you'll conquer the fear. I would say keep going. Otherwise it could lead to you not wanting to go anywhere like me.

Blessed
04-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the advice :)

butterfly82
04-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the advice :)

Sorry it wasn't exactly helpful. But maybe just knowing you aren't alone is :)

Blessed
04-12-2014, 03:42 PM
Yes very much so thank you

KIKI74
04-13-2014, 11:39 AM
weekend anxiety is very common, sometimes its because we don't have a routine like when we are at work and have lots of time to think and ponder. I have good weekends and bad. the goal is to make a list of small goals and objectives to do...ie see a movie, do some chores, walk the dog..baby steps and it will get better. I used to dread hlidays and weekends because I had downtime which meant anxiety as well.

I also take prozac 20 mg and added Abilify 1 mg recently and it really helped. might want to check with the doctor.

best of luck

pjr378
04-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Do you mean races that you watch or do you yourself race?

Blessed
04-17-2014, 08:00 PM
We own a race car and race on the weekends, it's dirt track racing

jessed03
04-18-2014, 09:29 AM
Are you liking your probiotics so far Bless?

Blessed
04-18-2014, 10:00 AM
Are you liking your probiotics so far Bless? well I got scared (imagine that) of them being too strong at 50 billion CFU so I only took two . I want to start back but I'm having surgery Thursday and scared of taking anything extra

Blessed
04-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Jessed ...... Wheredjago?you have any idea his long it takes your stomach to adjust to 50 billion CFU? I stopped taking it but I started back today cause I'm back on antibiotics . That number just seems so amazingly high to me ?!?!?!