PDA

View Full Version : Fed up!!!

petrified
04-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Being doing great but this last week has got me drained and a nervous wreck.
It all started last week where I had a little stress which caused me to start grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw.
This has of course led to my old feelings coming back as because my jaw is sore I must have some deadly infection which is going to spread and cause my death through blood poisoning.

As if that wasn't enough the latest incident of banging my leg today is now turning into a blood clot which of course is going to kill me before the night is over.

I'm so annoyed with myself for letting these thoughts creep in. But overall my symptoms are.

Headache- most likely caused through lack of sleep and jaw clenching.

Aching jaw- caused by jaw clenching

Feeling sick- I'm not eating because of my sore jaw

Tiredness- I'm not sleeping properly

Slightly hot- it is warmer here now

Dizzyness, heart palps, aching legs, arm numbness, chest pain and I'm sure there is more.

How can I have just forgotten everything I have learnt in the past.
I'm really disappointed in myself and I no this is anxiety but why is my brain convinced I'm dying AGAIN!!!
Fed up!!
Sorry for rambling I suppose I'm hoping writing this is going to help me

After5hock
04-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Being doing great but this last week has got me drained and a nervous wreck.It all started last week where I had a little stress which caused me to start grinding my teeth and clenching my jaw.
This has of course led to my old feelings coming back as because my jaw is sore I must have some deadly infection which is going to spread and cause my death through blood poisoning.
As if that wasn't enough the latest incident of banging my leg today is now turning into a blood clot which of course is going to kill me before the night is over.I'm so annoyed with myself for letting these thoughts creep in. But overall my symptoms are.Headache- most likely caused through lack of sleep and jaw clenching.Aching jaw- caused by jaw clenchingFeeling sick- I'm not eating because of my sore jawTiredness- I'm not sleeping properlySlightly hot- it is warmer here nowDizzyness, heart palps, aching legs, arm numbness, chest pain and I'm sure there is more.How can I have just forgotten everything I have learnt in the past.
I'm really disappointed in myself and I no this is anxiety but why is my brain convinced I'm dying AGAIN!!!Fed up!!Sorry for rambling I suppose I'm hoping writing this is going to help me

I'm wondering.. would it help to know that I'm a jaw clincher (constant), and I also have most.. if not all, of those same symptoms.. and I am not dying from any weird disease causing it. Its an anxiety thing. I know you know.. but sometimes it helps if someone else confirms it with the fact that it happens to them. On really rough days, I clinch my jaw so tight and hard that I end up with a migraine the next day.

petrified
04-11-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm wondering.. would it help to know that I'm a jaw clincher (constant), and I also have most.. if not all, of those same symptoms.. and I am not dying from any weird disease causing it. Its an anxiety thing. I know you know.. but sometimes it helps if someone else confirms it with the fact that it happens to them. On really rough days, I clinch my jaw so tight and hard that I end up with a migraine the next day.

Thank you it does help to hear that.
It's nice to no I'm not the only one. I'm waiting on my third mouth guard being made which isn't helping me at the min either. It's amazing how much it helps me when I wear it.
Thanks again after5hock :-)

After5hock
04-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Thank you it does help to hear that.
It's nice to no I'm not the only one. I'm waiting on my third mouth guard being made which isn't helping me at the min either. It's amazing how much it helps me when I wear it.
Thanks again after5hock :-)

No problem. A mouth guard works for clinching?

Dahila
04-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I would say that 99% of anxious people clench their teeth, I had worked in dental lab for over 6 years and almost everyone had ruined tooth profile because of clenching. We made a lot of mouthguards. Pertified you are incredible, of course it is just temporary set back and you are going to be cool, happy lady again:))

petrified
04-11-2014, 03:24 PM
I would say that 99% of anxious people clench their teeth, I had worked in dental lab for over 6 years and almost everyone had ruined tooth profile because of clenching. We made a lot of mouthguards. Pertified you are incredible, of course it is just temporary set back and you are going to be cool, happy lady again:))

Thanks dahlia that's kind of you to say and very reassuring advice. I no it's crazy for me to start thinking like this again. Hopefully everyone will settle down soon.
I hope you are well :-)