PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Attacks from missing a girl, need help

GregVelo
04-11-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi. I'm new and I really need some help. My name is Greg and I'm 21.
Recently I've started to date this girl and I like her a lot. Officialy we're not together yet, but it's clear we both have feelings. Everything seems to be great, but in the last period I started to develop some symptoms that really mess me up, and they scare me: when I’m not with her, I start missing her too much, anxiety kicks in without a particular reason and I can't do anything 'cause I can't focus and I lose control; everything reminds me of her, even the little things. I can’t handle it, because I try, but still nothing. It’s like a brutal craving that lasts hours. The only thing that seems to lessen it, is hanging out with someone or when I am at work. I have lots of hobbies, but none of them work because I can’t concentrate on them. It’s like an addiction, the more I spend time with her the more these attacks become powerful. The only thing I’d like to do in those moments is be with her, but I know there is no point in that.
Have you ever experienced something like that or am I the only one? If you have, do you suggest me something? Thanks for your time, I really appreciate any kind of help here.

After5hock
04-11-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi. I'm new and I really need some help. My name is Greg and I'm 21.
Recently I've started to date this girl and I like her a lot. Officialy we're not together yet, but it's clear we both have feelings. Everything seems to be great, but in the last period I started to develop some symptoms that really mess me up, and they scare me: when I’m not with her, I start missing her too much, anxiety kicks in without a particular reason and I can't do anything 'cause I can't focus and I lose control; everything reminds me of her, even the little things. I can’t handle it, because I try, but still nothing. It’s like a brutal craving that lasts hours. The only thing that seems to lessen it, is hanging out with someone or when I am at work. I have lots of hobbies, but none of them work because I can’t concentrate on them. It’s like an addiction, the more I spend time with her the more these attacks become powerful. The only thing I’d like to do in those moments is be with her, but I know there is no point in that.
Have you ever experienced something like that or am I the only one? If you have, do you suggest me something? Thanks for your time, I really appreciate any kind of help here.

Whenever my hubby goes to work, I become very depressed and anxiously wait for him to be home. It also feels like my heart is slowly being ripped out of my chest, and then I have random crying episodes.. and sometimes I go into full panic attack. Its a very horrible experience, but I'm pretty sure mine is because I have a massive fear of abandonment. (I've also never told anyone this, I don't want them to think that I'm just some clingy nut job)

needtogetwell
04-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Hi Greg, welcome to the forum.

I suspect what you are feeling has to do with the normal excitement of a new relationship, compounded by heightened nerves from anxiety.

I suspect that once you do or do not formalize the relationship (either you are a couple or are not ) much of this will fade.

Relax and enjoy this time of young love... It's a roller coaster I know but it doesn't last forever!

Cheers & good luck!

GregVelo
04-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I think formalizing the relationship will ease much of this. I gotta do it. Thank you. I really appreciate your precious help.

ganglia
04-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Forget her.Find another girl.

Ritch
04-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Hey greg.

I agree totally with needtogetwell. My only additional advice is do your best to not become too invested too quickly, I have previously become attached very quickly and it makes it even more difficult. I'm not saying hold back I'm just saying don't let her become "your life" too quickly.

Enjoy the relationship :)

Dahila
04-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Greg I agree with needtogetwell and Ritch and wish you a good luck in a new relatioship:)