PDA

View Full Version : lexapro.

ab123
04-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Im going to be starting on a low dose of lexapro. Ive never tried an antidepressant before, but it seems like i need to prove to the doctors that im trying to tackle my anxiety...in order for them to take my physical health seriously...so if you have any GOOD things to say or helpful advice it would be appreciated.

ab123
04-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks for wells, i know. My doctor knows me extremely well and beleives i will have minimal side effects. I was just hoping for someone who would tell me it would be amazing lol.

ab123
04-09-2014, 06:32 PM
She is only starting me at 5 mg. Id love to see some positive changes

needtogetwell
04-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Keep the positive attitude! You can do this!

The only thing that is guaranteed is that it won't work if you don't try it.

I really hope this works out for you. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Huggs!
Pam

ab123
04-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Thanks pam! Im just nervous it will induce a fast heart rate...:/

SSMommy
04-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Hey Alaina... I took Lexapro before my daughter and it worked well for me then :)) hoping it works well for you!

jjh333
04-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I started low at 5 mg and have been over it for over a year! No bad side effects other than a foggy brain for the very beginning.

Dahila
04-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Alaina you got some positive reviews:)) every person reacts differently to meds.
I am on Gabapentin, (small dose) which does not help a lot of people , but works for me. It changed my life. Give it a try. You never know what can help you:))) I keep my fingers crossed for you :)

lbs
04-09-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm on Lexapro 10mg, it's been about 8 weeks. It's made quite a difference in my anxiety levels. I had a panic attack today, but it was the first one in about three weeks. I get pretty bad night sweats, but deal with them because I've tried so many other melds and this works the best. Next to Xanex, it's the only thing that works for me. Good luck!

ab123
04-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Thank you guys:) this is why i love you all. I know 5 mg is a low dose and i will be just fine..:):)

GeneAllen
04-09-2014, 08:46 PM
My son takes 50mg. He like it fine and he was afraid to take it, but is glad he does now. You will do very well. That's a low dose.

Peace

meichmann
04-10-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi Ab,
I've been on Lexparo 20mg for quite some time now. Let me tell you, I don't know what I would do if I wasn't on it. It has helped me with my anxiety alot. It has never increased my heart rate so you should be fine. It has also helped with my IBS since it helps balance out the seratonin in your system.

The first week or so you may feel a little strange. That's normal. Just stick with it and don't get anxious over it. it's just your body getting used to the medication.

I hope it works for you and makes you feel better! Keep us posted, ok?

tony-
05-06-2014, 07:58 AM
Hey! So how has Lexapro been working for you? Would you reckon its helping with Anxiety and Depression?

Anne1221
05-06-2014, 10:36 AM
You said you don't know what you'd do without the Lexapro? Well, this year, after being on it four years, I decided to find out what I would do without the lexapro. Well, it was AWFUL!!! I only lasted one week and boy I got back on it fast. Yes, there is this ongoing fatigue I deal with, but my anxiety was so out of control I decided it was better to live with the side effects.

JamieNewell2006
05-06-2014, 11:16 AM
My doctor gave me Celexa 10mg. He asked me to try it for one month and see him after. But after hearing all of the horror stories about AD's... I'm not taking it.