PDA

View Full Version : Hot flashes / facial flushing

SSMommy
04-09-2014, 08:27 AM
Hey everyone... It's been a bit since I've posted much. I have been having some increasing issues with facial flushing. These are intense facial flushes. Sometimes they seem to come out of nowhere and other times they seem to be provoked when I have emotion of some type or when I need to potty.... I have some health anxiety as well. I have a condition called SVT and have now become concerned about having some type of tumor that is secreting hormones. The last bought was associated with some upset bowels.... I did not have this in the past at all. It appears to be increasing in frequency. Does anyone else struggle with this?

socaltouch14
04-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I have flushes like that as well wen i get anxious now and it sets me off a lil but thats about it. Hope u get better

SSMommy
04-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Thank you social touch... Did your flushing last for quite a while at times?

socaltouch14
04-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Oh yes, a whole day at a time but it was intermittent. Everytime something set me off, it would get a lil more intense. Check this link out, it gave me a lil more peace of mind that it was nothing serious but my overactive nervous system told me otherwise. I actually felt a lil flushing this morning but went away after i gathered my thoughts
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

muumipeikko
04-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Whenever I'm really anxious I get hot flashes and I go almost completely numb. As of recently with my stress, I have developed almost...IBS symptoms. Ridiculous huh?

SSMommy
04-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Whenever I'm really anxious I get hot flashes and I go almost completely numb. As of recently with my stress, I have developed almost...IBS symptoms. Ridiculous huh? Yes.... It's amazing what stress hormones do to our body.

Dahila
04-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I am getting hot flashes from the age of 16 whenever I am stressed

SSMommy
04-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I am getting hot flashes from the age of 16 whenever I am stressed. I think what throws me is this is new for my anxiety.... Or at least relatively new. I have had anxiety for the majority of my life. I'm 29 now. This just seem to be the past year or so that it is very bad.

Dahila
04-09-2014, 07:59 PM
it is anxiety or hormonal inbalance, just ask for blood test. Woman get it from time to time, I mean hormonal inbalance, Anxiety does not help with it either.

SSMommy
04-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks dahila... I am actually working with a NP right now who is investigating my hormone levels so maybe I'm on the right path :)

Dahila
04-09-2014, 08:08 PM
you probably are :) We usually know what is going on in our body, sometimes better than docs