PDA

View Full Version : First diagnosis 18 years ago. It's just gotten worse.

LaLa-Land
04-08-2014, 03:47 PM
Sorry this will be more of a rant post...

About 18 years ago I was first diagnosed with anxiety. I saw a counselor and took xanax when needed. I was just having panic attacks but they were crippling when they came. Over the years, I developed agoraphobia with obsessive thoughts OCD, and several phobias. I had very bad anxiety when I was pregnant with my second child to the point I couldn't go out of the house. I still hate summers because of this. I've seen several counselors who just sucked. We talked, of course, but none of them really seemed to be pro-active in my getting past this anxiety.

They all wanted me to start an antidepressant, but I'm also scared to due to some bad reactions on welbutrin and the fact that over th counter meds can cause anxiety. I just can't take anything now without the anxiety cropping up.

I developed depression as a result of worrying and now I have relapses about every 3-4 years that last a year or two. I'm getting tired of the constant worry and anxiety. The depression scares me because I have intrusive thoughts of harming myself now, that I would never do. Every time I think I'm better, I relapse. I'm so tired of it.