PDA

View Full Version : I hate night times

lucy88
04-08-2014, 03:38 PM
I much worse at night than during the day! I hate this. I have frustration in me I can't talk to no one about and it's at night I feel worse.

AliasEQ
04-08-2014, 04:42 PM
You're not alone! It gets worse at night for me too!

I don't know what it is, but I hate it. Maybe writing down how you feel could help?

Ritch
04-08-2014, 04:48 PM
I'm the opposite, I prefer the night time. Have you tried to identify the reasons behind feeling worse at night?

Riley20
04-08-2014, 05:34 PM
I generally feel worse when I'm left alone and night times can be harder because there isn't anyone to speak to (if you usually would speak to someone if you feel down during the day), maybe just try to fill your time between being alone/night to when you go to bed to stop the thinking time that you have now.

jason123
04-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Yeah, night is pretty bad for me as well, it seems my anxiety actually becomes bad after a certain time it's the weirdest thing. The morning as I'm waking up is also pretty bad I get very scary intrusive thought and I feel dpdr but once I'm fully awake all that leaves me until night time again. The best way to explain it is like a cycle, wake up bad, fully awake good, night bad, never ending cycle but now I'm finally getting help by a seeing a psychiatrist. You will find peace one day and it'll last forever trust me :)

Niicole Lynne
04-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I generally feel worse when I'm left alone and night times can be harder because there isn't anyone to speak to (if you usually would speak to someone if you feel down during the day), maybe just try to fill your time between being alone/night to when you go to bed to stop the thinking time that you have now.

I'm like this too :(
My boyfriend has been working nights like crazy and my anxiety has definitely been flaring

Niicole Lynne
04-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah, night is pretty bad for me as well, it seems my anxiety actually becomes bad after a certain time it's the weirdest thing. The morning as I'm waking up is also pretty bad I get very scary intrusive thought and I feel dpdr but once I'm fully awake all that leaves me until night time again. The best way to explain it is like a cycle, wake up bad, fully awake good, night bad, never ending cycle but now I'm finally getting help by a seeing a psychiatrist. You will find peace one day and it'll last forever trust me :)

I can agree to this so much! Same cycle for me too usually! It sucks

lucy88
04-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the reply nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like this at night. I go over things in my head and end up then getting my self stressed out or ill cry if people could read my mind they would think I'm a mad woman come 8 o clock I wake up feeling rubbish to don't want to face anyone.

Niicole Lynne
04-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the reply nice to know I'm not the only one who feels like this at night. I go over things in my head and end up then getting my self stressed out or ill cry if people could read my mind they would think I'm a mad woman come 8 o clock I wake up feeling rubbish to don't want to face anyone.

You're not alone <3 there's quite a few of us where night sucks

Exactice
04-09-2014, 01:11 AM
Night time was a bear for me too..... Its been getting better.... though.... Is there a reason night time is hard? This what has been going on for me and what I did to make it better.

1) My first major Panic attack happened at night and sent me to the ER, So fear struck me
2) My anxiety of another attack at night kept me up
3) I started having a hard time sleeping and I told the doctor
4) Doctor told me how important sleep was and that I need to get as much sleep as possible, because I was so worried I got worked up more and had an even hard time sleeping because I couldnt fall asleep when I should

Ok Then I took 5 steps back.

1) I realized that the panic attacks where not cause by night, this took some mental deprogramming
2) The doctors did give me Alprozolam (Xanax) To help take the edge off and sleep
3) I realized that sleep was important, so I told myself regardless even if it is 1 hour its better than nothing. (this is when things started to change, Because I was happy that I could sleep for 30 minutes, then it turned into an hour then slowly I realized I could sleep for maybe 2 hours straight.) The sleep began to build
4) The biggest thing that helped me sleep and I told this in another thread, was I played a game in my head, yes that kept me awake sorta, but then I would just drift off into sleep. I would play a round of golf starting from the first tee, I would imagine each shot and each swing, I will say this. I have never made it past the 4th hole hahahaah!

So 1 enjoy the moments that you do get to sleep, regardless if its 1 hour, or 30 minutes, rest is rest is rest. If you mind is racing, play a sport or a hobby in your mind before you go to bed so you concentrate on that rather than your anxiety that you are not sleeping!

Hang in there...... because I get 7+ hours now and just about a month ago I was afraid to got to sleep! It takes a little time but it will happen!

lucy88
04-09-2014, 02:27 AM
No there's no reason night is worse I just think it's because that's when I'm thinking over things more. My doctor won't give me no sleeping tablets because I'm young he doesn't want me to become dependant. I sleep for about 2 hours them I'm awake. I'm so run down and exhausted but I am in a better way than I was 3 months ago.

Exactice
04-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Aww the racing thoughts, Yes I had those, If you want to try something, I used "youtube" and found a couple of "Guided imagery" videos.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guided+imagery+sleep

I listen to them before I go to sleep. What it does, is it gives you something to concentrate on, as they describe a scene to you so you build the imagery in your mind. Focusing your thoughts versus them racing around. Might want to give it a try?

Kabukicho
04-10-2014, 07:11 AM
I hate nights too. I live alone. When my girlfriend comes over, we have a wonderful evening and the time just races by from 6 pm to 11 pm, and then I sleep well.

When I'm by myself, I find myself bored and restless and pacing about. Not necessarily "worrying" about anything particular, just feeling that kind of peculiar "keyed-up" feeling that I get when I'm alone at night.

My pdoc tells me to join a club or something but I'm way too tired after a day of work to do anything like that.

Maybe I should be living with a roommate or something instead of living alone. Or live with my girlfriend.

Complicated...