PDA

View Full Version : Return to work/NHS counselling

Sassybot
04-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to be returning partly to work next week. My Dr wanted me to take an extra week but agreed with staggered return as I'm going a bit crazy sat at home.
I still feel pretty drained from the AD meds so am proposing that we have a meeting to discuss what work I have on and do this at home to save the 60+ minute commute each way.

Thing is, my boss just wont talk to me. I've been speaking to a friend who is the manager of another department but my actual boss wont call me.

I'm pretty sure he has to do a back to work review as well. Totally get that he's a busy guy but it's stressing me out. Work was a big factor in me getting to this stage so I really need them to pull their socks up and sort this out.

Also, any idea what I should expect from self help services- the NHS thing? I did the form and was told it would take 24 hours for it to be processed and then I'd get a letter. No letter. So I call them back up and get told the same thing :/ If I'm honest I just want to know what they can do? They seem to offer a lot of services and my Dr said they'd contact me to discuss my needs so I'm worried I've done something wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help

x

x

Fourteen14
04-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi guys, I'm hoping to be returning partly to work next week. My Dr wanted me to take an extra week but agreed with staggered return as I'm going a bit crazy sat at home. I still feel pretty drained from the AD meds so am proposing that we have a meeting to discuss what work I have on and do this at home to save the 60+ minute commute each way. Thing is, my boss just wont talk to me. I've been speaking to a friend who is the manager of another department but my actual boss wont call me. I'm pretty sure he has to do a back to work review as well. Totally get that he's a busy guy but it's stressing me out. Work was a big factor in me getting to this stage so I really need them to pull their socks up and sort this out. Also, any idea what I should expect from self help services- the NHS thing? I did the form and was told it would take 24 hours for it to be processed and then I'd get a letter. No letter. So I call them back up and get told the same thing :/ If I'm honest I just want to know what they can do? They seem to offer a lot of services and my Dr said they'd contact me to discuss my needs so I'm worried I've done something wrong. Thanks in advance for your help x x

Hi Sassybot

Many of the psychological wellbeing services are tendered out to services outside of the NHS, some trusts do have in house IAPT teams, but referral can average 6 weeks in some cases. There is a massive spike in mental health patients and a massive shortage of therapists.

So don't worry if there is a delay (you may be lucky and get in sooner).

Your boss will definitely have to do a return to work, and it's just plain slackness for not calling you whilst you gave been off.

Sassybot
04-09-2014, 07:23 AM
I'm hoping I get lucky :) Think if I had someone to talk a few things through with I'd be a lot happier.

Got a call from my friend in work (not my boss grrr!) and have a meeting with them tomorrow in the cafe below the office building. I'm going to write down what I want from them in regards to my return to work as I know I'll be needing the beta blockers and be panicing which can make me a bit dizzy and dozey. Other than resolving any of the issues I have with the company, I'm done with them. Going to get myself back into a working routine, sort my wellbeing out and find a new job where I am apreciated for the hard work I do.

....Just hope this resolve keeps up

Fourteen14
04-09-2014, 07:27 AM
I'm hoping I get lucky :) Think if I had someone to talk a few things through with I'd be a lot happier. Got a call from my friend in work (not my boss grrr!) and have a meeting with them tomorrow in the cafe below the office building. I'm going to write down what I want from them in regards to my return to work as I know I'll be needing the beta blockers and be panicing which can make me a bit dizzy and dozey. Other than resolving any of the issues I have with the company, I'm done with them. Going to get myself back into a working routine, sort my wellbeing out and find a new job where I am apreciated for the hard work I do. ....Just hope this resolve keeps up

Sounds like you have the right attitude!

Keep it up, and success will follow for sure. :)