PDA

View Full Version : Wanting To Give Up.

After5hock
04-08-2014, 09:28 AM
As some of you may already know that I've been suffering from an anxiety disorder for as long as I can remember. I also suffer from severe cycling PTSD.. and I must say that I'm about ready to just give up. Medicine just makes me feel sick, and like I'm not me. Meditation/breathing exercises help.. for a couple minutes. And these racing thoughts NEVER stop! I'm so tired of trying to keep myself from going crazy. I'm constantly worried about everything, and the mood swings I get from it drives me nuts! Not that I have a hectic life, or a complicated one.. in fact, most would say that where my life is right now is an okay start.. these past couple of weeks I've been thinking about how I'm gonna deal with it. I've been telling myself that I need to break up with my fiance, and tell my mother goodbye. I'm always worried that my fiance is going to do something to hurt me (emotionally), but he's so great. I'm afraid to marry him because I don't want to wake up one day, and my life be shattered because he decided that he doesn't love me anymore. No matter how much I try to think of the positive, the negative always has more to say. I can't control it. I've taken counselling, done EMDR, and even hypnotherapy. I'm starting to run out of 'treatment' options, and patience with myself. I know someone out there has to feel the same way. I'm just so aggravated, and frustrated with myself. I just want it all to go away. I can't handle it, and I'm not as strong as I (or anyone else) thinks. &Now, I can't stop crying. Ugh! :(

socaltouch14
04-08-2014, 09:45 AM
Aww dont say that. Im no dr, & dont know what uve gone thru but if u let go of the things that matter to u, u will never reach happiness and that is fulfillment. If its one thing that my dr told me that helped is that everything that is happening does not reflect the person that i am, meaning im not weak, we're just sensitive. Dont worry on past or future just focus on the present. Stay corageous and dont run away from the monster

acetone
04-08-2014, 09:46 AM
If moods swings are the problem then maybe a mood stabilizer or an AAP(atypical antipsychotic) could help. A good medicine for PTSD is Prazosin. It may prevent recurring PTSD nightmares. For the complete treatment combine an Antidepressant with an Antipsychotic/Mood Stabilizer and a benzodiazepine(for). PTSD unfortunately is VERY enduring. Racing thoughts are a common problem with bipolar disorder patients and people report success with mood stabilizers and AAPs . Question yourself what sucks less, medicine side effects or continuing to live in misery.

After5hock
04-08-2014, 09:50 AM
Aww dont say that. Im no dr, & dont know what uve gone thru but if u let go of the things that matter to u, u will never reach happiness and that is fulfillment. If its one thing that my dr told me that helped is that everything that is happening does not reflect the person that i am, meaning im not weak, we're just sensitive. Dont worry on past or future just focus on the present. Stay corageous and dont run away from the monster

I know that I shouldn't run, but I've tried nearly everything that I know of. I still want to cry all day everyday because my mind doesn't stop. Hell, it doesn't even slow down. I know I'm not weak, but I'm don't feel strong enough either. I've been through way too much, and I've tried to let go of it, but it's so hard. I've tried different therapy (guided by professional) techniques to help (for almost two years). I just can't. I don't know why. :(

After5hock
04-08-2014, 09:55 AM
If moods swings are the problem then maybe a mood stabilizer or an AAP(atypical antipsychotic) could help. A good medicine for PTSD is Prazosin. It may prevent recurring PTSD nightmares. For the complete treatment combine an Antidepressant with an Antipsychotic/Mood Stabilizer and a benzodiazepine(for). PTSD unfortunately is VERY enduring. Racing thoughts are a common problem with bipolar disorder patients and people report success with mood stabilizers and AAPs . Question yourself what sucks less, medicine side effects or continuing to live in misery.

I've been on a couple different mood stabilizers and antipsychotic, and they have worked well for everything BUT my racing thoughts, and they made my feel constantly nauseous. Oh, and to add to my craziness.. my psych (the best one I've ever had) is being let go. My last session with his is the 15th, and he says that we're going to talk about more medicinal options, and I was going to ask him about the PTSD med that helps with the nightmares. Do you think that it could help with the racing thoughts? That's one of my biggest problems.

acetone
04-08-2014, 10:50 AM
I've been on a couple different mood stabilizers and antipsychotic, and they have worked well for everything BUT my racing thoughts, and they made my feel constantly nauseous. Oh, and to add to my craziness.. my psych (the best one I've ever had) is being let go. My last session with his is the 15th, and he says that we're going to talk about more medicinal options, and I was going to ask him about the PTSD med that helps with the nightmares. Do you think that it could help with the racing thoughts? That's one of my biggest problems.

If I were you I would exhaust all mood stabilizers/antipsychotics(both typicals and atypicals) before giving up. In the case of typical antipsychotics I would like to mention haloperidol and Trifluoperazine. Both are weight neutral and non sedating. Trifluoperazine even helps with anxiety. I do not know whether Prazosin can help you with racing thoughts. I do not think it would but it may help with the nightmares. Other medicine which may help with nightmares is Clonidine(it is dirt cheap). You should try Prazosin first then Clonidine.
Here are some reviews for Prazosin-
http://www.drugs.com/comments/prazosin/

After5hock
04-08-2014, 10:56 AM
If I were you I would exhaust all mood stabilizers/antipsychotics(both typicals and atypicals) before giving up. In the case of typical antipsychotics I would like to mention haloperidol and Trifluoperazine. Both are weight neutral and non sedating. Trifluoperazine even helps with anxiety. I do not know whether Prazosin can help you with racing thoughts. I do not think it would but it may help with the nightmares. Other medicine which may help with nightmares is Clonidine(it is dirt cheap). You should try Prazosin first then Clonidine.
Here are some reviews for Prazosin-
http://www.drugs.com/comments/prazosin/

Thank you. I will definitely bring this up in my next session.