PDA

View Full Version : This is weird..

BrookeLynnnn
04-07-2014, 10:04 PM
I've realized why I'm hesitant to take my Xanax now..

I think that if someday I run out, I won't get it again & I'll be screwed. Because it's nice just having it there..

Anyone else have an issue with this?

jason123
04-07-2014, 11:56 PM
That's how I feel about my inhaler LOL (2 different things I know). When I'm having trouble breathing I try not to use my inhaler because I like having it there just In case, pretty ironic Lol. I'm not sure if this is what you meant or not:)

bittersweetgirl
04-07-2014, 11:57 PM
Yes! I have the same issue. I ran out last weekend, and freaked out. And then I got a refill, and have barely taken the pills since then. So I also just like having it there. I think I was having rebound anxiety from withdrawal, but also just needed the security of knowing they were there.

Chatative
04-08-2014, 12:09 AM
That's how I feel about my inhaler LOL (2 different things I know). When I'm having trouble breathing I try not to use my inhaler because I like having it there just In case, pretty ironic Lol. I'm not sure if this is what you meant or not:)

Ditto!

I was ill with the flu & my asthma was playing up... I was nervous that I would wake up excessively short of breath & not have any of my reliever inhaler left. Strangely, it took me 2 days of this to call the Doctor & get a check-up & repeat prescription!

(Health) Anxiety can have the strangest of impact on how you do & react to things.

After5hock
04-08-2014, 10:01 AM
I've realized why I'm hesitant to take my Xanax now..

I think that if someday I run out, I won't get it again & I'll be screwed. Because it's nice just having it there..

Anyone else have an issue with this?

It's how I am with my Hydroxyzine. I don't have anymore refills, and I don't want to run out in case if I really need them.. (I have a giant med bottle full.. wtf)

BrookeLynnnn
04-08-2014, 12:41 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about this!!

After5hock
04-08-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who worries about this!!

Haha. Ditto!