PDA

View Full Version : 27 y/o M Lifelong anxiety, Panophobia?

Sagittarius
04-07-2014, 03:55 PM
I've struggled with various forms of anxiety all my life, varying from moderate agoraphobia, social anxiety, panic attacks, travel anxiety, depression, crying spells, and some OCD symptoms. Never been on medication. Usually I have a setback, go into depression, and come out of it for a good part of the year. The last several weeks have been the hardest yet and I can't seem to shake it. I finally caved and was prescribed clonazepam. I've only been taking .25mg nightly.

This latest episode seems to be centered around this overbearing feeling of dread about everything. Usually I can concentrate on something I enjoy, like reading a good book or watching a good show, and I can relax. Now it seems like whenever I try to cheer up and do something positive I get that feeling of fear and dread, like I can never enjoy anything anymore. It's at the point where I feel fear at every turn, and am attributing these positive things as the cause of my fear. Does this make any sense, has anyone experienced this? The closest description I could come up with is "Panophobia," the fear of everything (I'm probably doing too much googling).

Are these just intrusive thoughts? Severe generalized anxiety? it's hard to recover when I'm constantly on edge about everything, both positive and negative.

crussellii
04-07-2014, 05:56 PM
Yes after I've had a panic attack I have a constant fear of every thing. It seems like it's going to happen again or I'm dying. I've been on SSRI medications for 12 years and my anxiety attacks ceased. No more worries or feeling on edge.

stjlynn
04-07-2014, 07:21 PM
sounds like me and a bunch of other people :(