PDA

View Full Version : Nervous about Dr. Appointment today...

Missyme
04-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Hello!

I have been on escitalopram (Cipralex) 10mg for about 1 year and 3 months now. I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder in December of 2012, with my first incident being in October 2012 that resulted in me being transported via ambulance to the E.R. Since then, I have had 10 sessions of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and have been doing much better. The symptoms are still a bit there, but I have come to accept it as being a simple inconvenience instead of traumatic. CBT is definitely responsible for my improvement.

Today I have my physical and my doctor is going to start the "wheening" process and lower my dosage of my meds, hoping to have me off of them by summer. Has anyone else gone through this?...I know I can do it, I just need some positive feedback from people who actually understand this process.

Thanks in advance!

Kabukicho
04-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Haha! I just went to the doctor today too. I told him I quit my ADs (they don't work for me) and want to increase my benzodiazepene dosage. And that's what we did.

Just be honest and open with your doctor. He is your friend. Everyone reacts differently to meds, so your weaning process might be different than your doctor expects it to be. If that's the case, be in touch with him and let him know if you want to go slower / faster / stop.

Honesty about what YOU want to do is, I believe, imperative.