PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone, my name is Christian...

MrChristian
04-07-2014, 09:43 AM
I am 23 and live in Surrey UK.

I currently work selling cars, i've been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks for the last 10 years. I have managed to have 5 years free from any worries since i was 18 but unfortunately my problems have come back again.

I have joined this forum so that i cant speak out and also try to understand what sets things off for other people, i by no means feel like i'm alone i just don't believe i have anyone that think truly understands.

Originally my anxiety/panic attacks started from school, one of my classmates was badly ill in one of my classes once and shortly after that things got so bad that i couldn't deal with attending classes. I quit school 3 months after the incident.

In hindsight having that issue and quitting school was one of the best things ever to happen to me (dare i say it). Since then i have had a burning desire to prove everyone who said i wouldn't get anywhere without an education wrong.

Currently i am living the dream and i truly am very happy and grateful to be able to say that, however my anxiety has come back. I think it's mainly down to stress from work but i'm not quite sure. In my mind i have nothing to worry about, so why am i worrying?

I thought it be useful to speak to other people in the same boat, i've recovered from this once so it can be done i just don't ever want it to come back.

I'd love to hear from you all!

needtogetwell
04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Hi Christian,

Welcome!

Nice to hear that you have beaten the beast once! You know what to do then.

One suggestion for you, if you aren't getting much exercise then an increase in this could help you manage the work related stress.

Good luck and again welcome!
Pam

MrChristian
04-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi Pam,

It's funny you should say that, i've just started bike riding again and i feel fantastic once i've been out, thanks for the tip!