PDA

View Full Version : scared to go to sleep

xojewelsxo12
04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
some nights when im laying in my bed and try to go to sleep i get freaked out. It takes me a while to fall asleep and when i try my mind races so much and i keep thinking im hearing things that arent there. idk really how to explain it, it kinda felt like i was in a dream going in and out of conciousness. i am so scared i have schizophrenia or that my house is haunted but this only happens to me sometimes when im trying to go to sleep.

when its about time that i have to go to sleep i get worried that its going to happen to me again and it usually does cuz i keep thinking about it .

does this happen to anyone else?

i feel like im crazy:(((

motif
04-29-2008, 09:13 PM
hi,
same happened to me, recently I was really afraid to go to bad
because few time I had panic attack at night. I started to delay going to sleep
because of that and keep the lights on anyway even when I go to to bed. It helped a little. So no, you're not crazy - or at least not alone ;)

I think I fought already these scaring feeling by letting go, don't care anymore. When it happens I say to myself I'm OK, it's just my nerves
and after a while it actually passing by. Try it.

bio
04-30-2008, 04:32 AM
in fact, i wanted to post this sort of topic earlier on. seems that you are ahead of me. i thought that i am the only person who experience this scary and yet panicky symptom. how i cope with this is taking deep breath and relax. in addition, i would place my arm on forehead(when lying down). what is the science behind it? this is down to brain wave factor i guess.

xojewelsxo12
05-02-2008, 11:08 AM
im glad other people feel like me:) im tired of feeling so alone