PDA

View Full Version : Another sleepless night :(

jason123
04-07-2014, 04:24 AM
My anxiety is pretty high right now and I'm really fearing schizophrenia I'm trying to convince myself that I don't have it. I went to a psychiatrist she assured me 5 times I don't have it but still the "what if's " are circling in my mind. Anyone out there for some support :(

Chatative
04-07-2014, 04:58 AM
I had Schizophrenia/Drug-Induced Psychosis until last Summer (they are indistinguishable in the short term) & I can tell you that it is extremely unlikely that you have Schizophrenia.

The vast majority of Schizophrenics have no idea that they are in fact ill. I didn't for a good couple of months despite full blown symptoms.

It's not uncommon with anxiety, or other related mental health problems to "feel you are going crazy"... as I said, the mere fact you are aware of it pretty much shows you aren't.

As for the sleepless nights... regardless of anxiety, I've had insomnia to some extent on and off since I was a teenager. The thing that really helped was to get into a routine before bed. With my anxiety creeping up on me recently, I've found that reading before bed settles my mind & helps me sleep much better. Even though you might think watching TV is relaxing & takes no effort, it's very stimulating for your mind.

Google "Sleep Hygiene".

Hope that helps :)

jason123
04-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Thank you for your help, have you gotten better since?

Chatative
04-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Yes. :)

Still got some anxiety / health anxiety & I'm seeing a psychiatrist about something else too but they aren't much compared with that!

jason123
04-07-2014, 07:52 AM
You don't have to tell me about health anxiety LOL, I'm glad your ok though :)

socaltouch14
04-08-2014, 08:54 AM
You don't have to tell me about health anxiety LOL, I'm glad your ok though :)

How u doing today jason? Taking it day by day or feeling slightly better?

jason123
04-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks for your concern, I'm trying to take it day by day it's just so much stress. I'm now having financial problems with my college it's a whole mess of things.