PDA

View Full Version : These meds are kicking my a&@

jason123
04-06-2014, 02:05 AM
This is day 2 of klonopin and Wellbutrin combo and they are kicking my ass, my anxiety is even worse, Is this normal? Does it get better? If this is what I feel going into the meds how am I going to fell when it's time for withdraw.

jason123
04-06-2014, 02:12 AM
I just want my life back before all this started happening. I think this is the worst thing I have gone through in my life :(

acetone
04-06-2014, 02:18 AM
Why the hell has your doc started you on wellbutrin for anxiety? It is an anti depressive med and it can cause anxiety. Tell him/her to put you on sertraline/paxil.

jason123
04-06-2014, 02:27 AM
She put me on it because I told her that I had zero energy which is correct. It takes me at least 2 or 3 hours to completely wake up

jason123
04-06-2014, 02:32 AM
Also I've read online that Wellbutrin and klonopin work very well together. I mean don't get me wrong I'm going to call her on Monday and tell her what's up just to make sure.

bkn
04-06-2014, 03:14 AM
I know exactly what you mean about wanting your life back. I wanna be the same person I used to be, not this weird depressed out girl that I'm these days.
we'll all get over this soon iA

bittersweetgirl
04-06-2014, 03:23 AM
Wellbutrin won't cause those withdrawal symptoms like with SSRIs and others. I take it for anxiety too. I can stop it cold turkey no problem. It can certainly cause extra anxiety when you first start it though.

I just ran out of Xanax briefly (prescription mixup) - talk about rebound anxiety. That was awful.

Good luck. I'm feeling kind of bleak about meds and everything. Such a battle.

socaltouch14
04-06-2014, 10:09 AM
I just want my life back before all this started happening. I think this is the worst thing I have gone through in my life :(

We all want the same thing buddy. Hang in there, its scary as shit. We can look up all the info we want to set our minds at ease but we have to hang on amd stay the course

bittersweetgirl
04-06-2014, 10:26 AM
The13thone stopped wellbutrin cold turkey last week after 17 days on it and he became very sick. Be careful if you end it that way.

Yikes, I'm sorry - I didn't know that. I don't think the WB pills can be halved to taper down, and I really have never had issues stopping it abruptly, and had never been warned by docs about stopping. I've had major issues coming off SSRIs though, so I know that can be bad.

jason123
04-06-2014, 12:51 PM
Im not planning to stop abruptly I'm going to listen to my psych, it's just once these meds kick in and I go through therapy and all that, I'm not going to take them anymore I will discuss this with her then the withdraw begins and I am terrified of that withdraw.

socaltouch14
04-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Focus on the present

jason123
04-06-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks you guys, you are right :), I seriously gotta stop googling.