PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap.

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 01:01 PM
I've never experienced the racing thoughts people talk about & last night I did!!

It was crazy.. My mind just kept going insane & I couldn't sleep.

I'm feeling better today.. No shaky hands..

I'm get sad now because I'm like ughhh I gotta get through my med increase til I feel better.

I know it'll happen, I just don't like waiting. But I gotta do it!! Idk why I've become so against taking my xanax.. I should've taken one yesterday & I kept putting it off.. Maybe I just didn't need it that bad?? Idk.

Anyways, not letting this poop mood spoil my day!! :) hope you're all enjoying this Saturday!!

Enduronman
04-05-2014, 01:06 PM
Take your xanax as a buffer to help with this transition dear!!!

Got to see my daughter so my day is going great so far!! YAY!!!

Have a great Saturday Brooklyn!

Enduronman.. :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Take your xanax as a buffer to help with this transition dear!!! Got to see my daughter so my day is going great so far!! YAY!!! Have a great Saturday Brooklyn! Enduronman.. :)

Okay I will!! Thanks friend :)

Aw yay!! That's good for you both!! :) good start to your day!!

bkn
04-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about!
I get those racing thoughts too and its so annoying. I try to stop them but they don't go away on their own. I get these normally the night before I have a huge test or an exam

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 02:23 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about! I get those racing thoughts too and its so annoying. I try to stop them but they don't go away on their own. I get these normally the night before I have a huge test or an exam

Ahhhh yes!! It was terrible!! I was like OMG, what is going on!? Lol

bkn
04-05-2014, 02:32 PM
ikr...feel better :)
I hate this anxiety :/ I wanna get over it so bad

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 02:34 PM
ikr...feel better :) I hate this anxiety :/ I wanna get over it so bad

Thank you!!

Me too :(

My meds have been helping tremendously but I just increased the dose so I'm feeling a little crappy from it..

Do you take anything?

bkn
04-05-2014, 02:45 PM
no I don't.
actually I haven't really been diagnosed with anxiety. but everyone I know says that I'm the most stressed out person I've ever met lol.
also I'm a hypochondriac :( I google my symptoms all the time and end up feeling crappy. my real anxiety started last month...I did take xanax a couple of times when I couldn't relax...
but this forum seems to be helping too. It's nice to talk to people who understand you

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 02:48 PM
no I don't. actually I haven't really been diagnosed with anxiety. but everyone I know says that I'm the most stressed out person I've ever met lol. also I'm a hypochondriac :( I google my symptoms all the time and end up feeling crappy. my real anxiety started last month...I did take xanax a couple of times when I couldn't relax... but this forum seems to be helping too. It's nice to talk to people who understand you

Ohhhh okay, gotchaaaa!!

Google is our worst enemy!! Lol

Xanax is such a life saver!! Thank goodness for that..

& yea this form is pretty amazing :)

I hope you feel better friend!

Exactice
04-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Hey Brooke, those racing thoughts are a trip the hardest part is trying to convince yourself not to think about it. So what I do is instead of fighting it, I just roll with it and find something that will distract me that I can concentrate on. funny thing that works is ironing clothes. Just find something soothing that you can really focus on and relax . eventually the thoughts just drift away.

BKN I agree. My panic and anxiety is not so bad, but its nice to talk to people that understand what you are going through and are not so pushy and trying to force your recovery down your throat.!

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Hey Brooke, those racing thoughts are a trip the hardest part is trying to convince yourself not to think about it. So what I do is instead of fighting it, I just roll with it and find something that will distract me that I can concentrate on. funny thing that works is ironing clothes. Just find something soothing that you can really focus on and relax . eventually the thoughts just drift away. BKN I agree. My panic and anxiety is not so bad, but its nice to talk to people that understand what you are going through and are not so pushy and trying to force your recovery down your throat.!

Thank you friend!! I will try that tonight if it happens again!! :))

It was in the middle of night so I wasn't sure what I do lol. I was gonna come on here but if I wake up in the middle of the night, I try not to get on my phone cause I feel that'll keep me up even longer!! Lol

Exactice
04-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Thank you friend!! I will try that tonight if it happens again!! :))

It was in the middle of night so I wasn't sure what I do lol. I was gonna come on here but if I wake up in the middle of the night, I try not to get on my phone cause I feel that'll keep me up even longer!! Lol

Oh those middle of night ones are a little different. What I found that works is to replay something in your mind. Do you play any sports? I find that If my mind is wandering at night and I dont want to get up and try going back to sleep. I replay a round of golf in my head. Starting from the first tee etc..... So if you play a sport try and play it in your mind to get your mind off those wandering thoughts!

BrookeLynnnn
04-05-2014, 10:39 PM
Oh those middle of night ones are a little different. What I found that works is to replay something in your mind. Do you play any sports? I find that If my mind is wandering at night and I dont want to get up and try going back to sleep. I replay a round of golf in my head. Starting from the first tee etc..... So if you play a sport try and play it in your mind to get your mind off those wandering thoughts!

I don't play sports :( but that is a good idea!!

I can come up with something to play out in my head :) thank you for the suggestion!!