PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new here help me out...A hypochondriac :(

bkn
04-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Hey guys I'm new here

Im a 20 year old female and I have always been a bit of a hypochondriac :(
since the past month I've been feeling kinda dizzy..a little off balance but i haven't staggered or anything :/ I've been to lots of doctors everyone says its anxiety.

anyway since then this fear of MS and ALS has taken over me. I experience twiches, muscle cramps :(

yesterday i noticed that both my palms seem kinda flat..both of them look exactly the same but they don't look as full as they used to...so now im worrying about muscle atrophy :( atleast i think they look different

I'm sick of googling symptoms and then learning about a new disease...My family is seriously getting annoyed by me now with my constant obsession with new illnesses

I don't know what to do :(
Please help me out!

ab123
04-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Ill tell you this, the dizziness...and off balance is anxiety. Dont get caught up in the drama of "what disease do i have today" if you really had a disease, you wouldnt question it. Assuming the doctor has checked you out...you are fine. Ignore this and go on with life. I lost the last five years worrying about crap. Truth is we never know what will happen, but enjoy the time you are healthy. Dont let this consume you. Knock it off.

bkn
04-05-2014, 11:20 AM
thanks...this helps...I haven't really been tested or anything but the doctors take one look at me and ask me questions and they go anxiety so..

ab123
04-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Please take my advice seriously. I know you dont want someone coming on here sayinf yes! Beleive it! Something is wrong. You know in your heart nothing is wrong. I agree it is scary. Dont give it any power. Dont lose your life to this monster.

Fourteen14
04-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Hey guys I'm new here Im a 20 year old female and I have always been a bit of a hypochondriac :( since the past month I've been feeling kinda dizzy..a little off balance but i haven't staggered or anything :/ I've been to lots of doctors everyone says its anxiety. anyway since then this fear of MS and ALS has taken over me. I experience twiches, muscle cramps :( yesterday i noticed that both my palms seem kinda flat..both of them look exactly the same but they don't look as full as they used to...so now im worrying about muscle atrophy :( atleast i think they look different I'm sick of googling symptoms and then learning about a new disease...My family is seriously getting annoyed by me now with my constant obsession with new illnesses I don't know what to do :( Please help me out!

ABS123 is talking a lot of sense!!

Please also CROSS OFF your list any thoughts of muscle atrophy, this generally only appears in the extreme latter end of serious diseases i.e. You would be in no doubt about it! (and certainly isn't linked to flat palms).

The fact you are worrying about MULTIPLE (and extreme end) illnesses and disease, must tell you that it's anxiety.

For example muscle twitching and cramps (other than anxiety), the most common cause would be dehydration. (Why would it have to be anything worse)? - the answer - ANXIETY.

bkn
04-05-2014, 01:14 PM
wow you guys are awesome. seriously you guys won't believe how much I've changed the past month. I used to be this happy girl but I know I cry all the time wondering why this dizziness doesn't go away.
your words and your motivation really helps.
I shouldve joined this forum weeks ago it makes me feel nive to finally talk to ppl who have gone through what I am going through. I'm only 20 but I feel 80 sometimes I get so freaking depressed. you guys are right worrying won't get me anywhere. please do pray for me
God bless you all :)

ab123
04-05-2014, 03:49 PM
I will pray for you. You are healthy, 14 is right also. I guarantee you will know if something is wrong . I will pray for peace for you. You can kick this things ass. Dont give it power and it stops , also. In a few days you will start to doubt what we said. And its still anxiety. So just come back and read this:)

bkn
04-06-2014, 01:32 AM
Thanks a lot :)

jason123
04-06-2014, 03:10 AM
To this day the single worse thing I have ever done is buy myself a laptop. I have searched so many websites convincing myself of all these ailments that I thought I had. Stop googling! trust me on this, if I had never googled symptoms of a lot of different diseases I'd be in a better place. I'm a hypochondriac to :) lol. You're not alone.

jason123
04-06-2014, 03:18 AM
I'd also like to add that you are young,statistically 80% of deaths in young people are by accidents usually involving cars because young people are reckless sometimes. When it comes to death by disease I doubt you're that 20% don't worry. Anxiety is the worst thing because at least with other mental diseases you are kind of out of it but when it comes to anxiety you feel every living breathing second of it and it feels eternal.( not trying to lessen other mental illnesses they all are burdens we must bare just trying to make a point) keep strong!

bkn
04-06-2014, 03:27 AM
I'd also like to add that you are young,statistically 80% of deaths in young people are by accidents usually involving cars because young people are reckless sometimes. When it comes to death by disease I doubt you're that 20% don't worry. Anxiety is the worst thing because at least with other mental diseases you are kind of out of it but when it comes to anxiety you feel every living breathing second of it and it feels eternal.( not trying to lessen other mental illnesses they all are burdens we must bare just trying to make a point) keep strong!
thankyou so much for helping me out here :) lol I know there is all this logic and then there's my hypochondria :p

I hope all of us feel better soon :)

jason123
04-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Yep that's basically it there is pure immutable logic and there's tortured anxiety logic LOL, good to know I'm not the only one. :)

Chatative
04-06-2014, 09:42 AM
thankyou so much for helping me out here :) lol I know there is all this logic and then there's my hypochondria

I try to be quite pragmatic with my hypochondria but it's hard. Hard to imagine doing both ;)

I've not read much but for me & many others here, we quite often having other health problems that seem to be the root of our health anxiety. I think undiagnosed asthma & mild IBS was causing mines to become a problem. I'm not saying yours is but it's something to bear in mind.

I really found that the knowledge that anxiety can cause many symptoms, as well as the knowledge that you are actually looking for symptoms helps to put things in perspective.

It's not easy but don't look things up, unless you have symptoms of course but not obsessively. In fact no, just call your Doctor! My Doctor said he would rather put my mind at rest if I seemed to have actual symptoms than me avoid contacting the Doctor when I might be actually ill. I think I was lucky & got a good Doc though, took me long enough!

Right, now I'll read the thread. :p