PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine and Anxiety/Panic

guy_lafleur23
04-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Anyone avid coffee drinkers? In the past I've had my fair share of mornings where i need a cup or two , to help me get through the work day. I'd been drinking coffee in moderate amounts every morning for about 4 years, however ever since I've been dealing with Panic and Anxiety, i find caffeine makes it worse. So i cut down... but even then it still made things bad... so i cut it out completely and it seems to be helping... but it sucks that i have to face the work day tired and sluggish. Anybody else have problems with caffeine affecting anxiety?

Cpt_Stunning
04-28-2008, 02:38 AM
Caffeine dehydrates you, from my research a large percentage of people are hydrated when they don't actually feel hydrated. Have you ever gone for a long run, or played in an intense sports match and felt really dehydrated. Afterwards, you down a bottle of water or fruit juice and the feel of being hydrated again is brilliant, even if it only lasts for a few seconds. Drinking water or fruit juice in the morning and during the day has the same effect on your body and helps with concentration (being hydrated), even though it may not initially feel like it? Have you tried vitamin pills or do you eat breakfast to give you energy. Maybe pro plus tablets if you feel tired.

joey9
04-28-2008, 01:26 PM
i couldn't believe how tired i was after i gave up caffeine for the same reasons. However I'm 2 months in now and its starting to ease off - apparantly the body has to relearn to make the chemicals it needs to keep you more alert after depending on caffeine for so long. Stick with it, it does pass.

motif
04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
coffee deprives you from potassium, making anxiety problem worse.