PDA

View Full Version : Yet another concern :(

jason123
04-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Hey you guys, I'm gonna try and keep it short. So a while back I told my general doc about my anxiety and he prescribed buspar I was hesitant to take them seeing as he wasn't a psychiatrist, so basically it's been sitting on my shelf for about a month. I went to see a psychiatrist and she prescribe other meds saying these are better for my treatment then buspar. So here's my problem now that I'm on these new meds my sister is asking if she can take my buspar. She has anxiety as we'll especially social but she hasn't been evaluated by a doctor or anything and she's on these meds called acutan it's basically a high dose of vitamin A it's used to pretty much cure acne and it does work. I told her no because I'm not a doctor I can't just give her meds, right? So now everyone including my mother is mad at me calling me selfish I'm not being selfish I'm just scared of something bad happening to her I would never forgive myself. Any advice? What should I do?

Enduronman
04-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Buspar is only for GAD and generally useless to people with SAD...
It is also terrible for people that have panic attacks as well..
No, you're not wrong..you're 100% right to NOT give them to her..
Tell her to get evaluated and let a Doctor decide what's best for her..

E-Man.. :)

After5hock
04-04-2014, 08:14 PM
Hey you guys, I'm gonna try and keep it short. So a while back I told my general doc about my anxiety and he prescribed buspar I was hesitant to take them seeing as he wasn't a psychiatrist, so basically it's been sitting on my shelf for about a month. I went to see a psychiatrist and she prescribe other meds saying these are better for my treatment then buspar. So here's my problem now that I'm on these new meds my sister is asking if she can take my buspar. She has anxiety as we'll especially social but she hasn't been evaluated by a doctor or anything and she's on these meds called acutan it's basically a high dose of vitamin A it's used to pretty much cure acne and it does work. I told her no because I'm not a doctor I can't just give her meds, right? So now everyone including my mother is mad at me calling me selfish I'm not being selfish I'm just scared of something bad happening to her I would never forgive myself. Any advice? What should I do?

I think you did the right thing.. but that's my personal opinion. Like you said, what if she reacted badly to it? I'd be afraid of where blame would be placed.

acetone
04-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Tell your sister that Buspar can cause nasty brain zaps(side effect). It is however good for GAD type anxiety.

amers85
04-04-2014, 09:46 PM
You did the right thing by not giving them to her, she needs to go to a doctor herself. I take Buspar 20mg per day, I don't get the brain zaps everyone talks about, and honestly I don't know how much it helps me but what you did was right.