PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety is so bad I am a total mess

cody1982
04-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey there!

I am currently going through a very difficult time in my life, I'm 26, engaged, I have seen alot of my close friends come and go over the years, I'm growing up and apart from alot of my friends & comfort zone... On top of everything I am engaged but I am having some conflict and doubts and overall just going through alot of stress and uncertainty in my life.

I have noticed in the last 6-8 months I am suffering from severe anxiety and depression over my stress. Most of my anxiety ONLY relates to my relationships in life, mostly my romantic life..... I have constant worries and thoughts running through my head regarding everything from trust, to questioning if someone is good for me, to whether I am ready to settle down... etc.
I also experience severe anxiety with the thought of being alone... Now that I am at an age where I don't live with my family, my friends all have their own lives, I get VERY anxious when I think I have NO ONE.....

My anxiety has become so bad that I feel like a total mental case.... any slight problem in my relationship I feel it's the end of the world and we need to break up... Then I get severely anxious when I think about leaving my fiance because I have no one.
I have lost so much weight and look very ill.... I have my OK days where I seem to laugh and be ok, but I would say WELL over 50% of my life is filled with my anxiety and feeling depressed over my lack of ability to cope with my thoughts....

I don't know what to do anymore.. I would never attempt suicide, but I think of it happening ALL the time... I almost want to get killed in a car accident, or get so sick I can be put in the hospital.
I just can't deal with life... and the stresses..

I feel so weak, and no matter how logical I think, I can't seem to shake it.

Does anyone else suffer from this anxiety mostly towards their romantic relationships?

Any advice, or what options are out there for me?

Thank you!

chanel07
04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Cody,

The first thing I want to say is relax. Anxiety is something you shouldn't fear but you are letting anxiety run your life.

Yes, being engaged can give you the jitters but don't let it overwhelm you. You must be engaged because you love this person. Have you told her you are suffering from anxiety?

It might be time to have a talk with her, tell her what is on your mind and how you are feeling. Ask her to support you because she will understand.

cody1982
04-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Sorry I am a female/26
And My partner does know what I am going through.. not sure he understands he just knows I'm going through a rouge time and all he says is snap out of it, or figure out what you want.. etc.
He will not leave me though... he is waiting for me to decide. So I guess I have some support that way, he just doesn't have a way with words I suppose.... My family is being very supportive also, but they don't know I suffer from anxiety.. they just know my problems I'm trying to cope with.
I can't cope at all.. I need major help, can my doctor prescribe me something for this?

chanel07
04-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry about the mixed up. :oops:

The doctor can prescribe you something but it only offers temporary relief. To get rid of anxiety in the long term it takes changing your mindset(VERY important) and changing a few things in your life.