PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here love Animals? :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 11:46 AM
I have a Dog and two birds, I am a huge lover of Animals, I am really attached to my Dog, I also find they make me feel calmer and less anxious! I sometimes feel I am too attached to them, if an animal goes ill, I just can't handle it, I feel really emotional and sad, and feel bad at myself if I'm not able to help them since I love them too much :)

Does anyone here have any pets, or any cool animal stories they would like to share. Thanks, Hope everyone is doing well! I'm feeling a bit better! :)

Dragons
04-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Yup, I love animals as well! Unfortunately in my family's house we're not allowed to have pets because the landlords don't allow it. At college, I live with a group of friends and one of them has a cat. Hopefully someday I will have pets of my own ... Animals also help calm me down and make me feel happier.

After5hock
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
I have two cats. My boy cat, Gui, is a huge momma's boy. He's constantly by me!

jessed03
04-02-2014, 01:23 PM
I do. My cats gave me endless laughs when I was at my lowest. Infact, their little antics were some of the only things I could laugh at. So natural, yet so amusing. They were just strays too, that decided to move in, so were extra funny with their little ways.

I like Mickey Rourkes story about his dog, and how he couldn't bring himself to commit suicide because of her outside the bathroom door. And how he when he turned it around, he then thanked her (I think it was a her?) at his Oscar speech. That really summed up how important animals can be to people.

After5hock
04-02-2014, 01:33 PM
I like Mickey Rourkes story about his dog, and how he couldn't bring himself to commit suicide because of her outside the bathroom door. And how he when he turned it around, he then thanked her (I think it was a her?) at his Oscar speech. That really summed up how important animals can be to people.

Last year, I felt like suicide was the only option, but I couldn't let my baby kitties become homeless. Then I felt sorry for myself that that had been my only true reason for not doing so.

Riley20
04-02-2014, 01:46 PM
I love animals too and I think it's amazing how they can save people.
I have a dog and sometimes when I'm feeling down or anxious it's great to just go home and sit with an animal who isn't really interested in what you've done wrong and just wants to be with you. I find that sometimes it's the interaction with an animal that can really help.

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Yup, I love animals as well! Unfortunately in my family's house we're not allowed to have pets because the landlords don't allow it. At college, I live with a group of friends and one of them has a cat. Hopefully someday I will have pets of my own ... Animals also help calm me down and make me feel happier.

Yeah they are great company because they are so loving!

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:14 PM
I love animals too and I think it's amazing how they can save people.
I have a dog and sometimes when I'm feeling down or anxious it's great to just go home and sit with an animal who isn't really interested in what you've done wrong and just wants to be with you. I find that sometimes it's the interaction with an animal that can really help.

I talk to my Dog as if I'm talking too a person at times haha :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Last year, I felt like suicide was the only option, but I couldn't let my baby kitties become homeless. Then I felt sorry for myself that that had been my only true reason for not doing so.

Sorry for what you were going though. Hope everything's good now, sometimes when we get like that, we have to put our loved ones first because they want us to be happy in life :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
I do. My cats gave me endless laughs when I was at my lowest. Infact, their little antics were some of the only things I could laugh at. So natural, yet so amusing. They were just strays too, that decided to move in, so were extra funny with their little ways.

Yeah I know what you mean bro, Whenever you feel down, your pets are always there to help you. I think Animals can sense if your sad too. Whenever I feel sad, my Dog usually makes a fuss, and I just give her a hug. Wow! I never heard about that, Sometimes in life we just have to think to ourselves, that if we were to do hurt ourselves, then think of the loved ones that we'd be leaving behind! It would hurt more for them I feel.

needtogetwell
04-02-2014, 06:36 PM
2 dogs. 1 cat, 2 birds. 1fish.

Regular wild kingdom at my place!

They make me laugh on a daily basis , when I'm not ready to strangle the pup ! Bark, bark, chew chew. Can't wait until she is about 3.

Pam

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:40 PM
2 dogs. 1 cat, 2 birds. 1fish.

Regular wild kingdom at my place!

They make me laugh on a daily basis , when I'm not ready to strangle the pup ! Bark, bark, chew chew. Can't wait until she is about 3.

Pam

Ah nice! Sounds like a handful, I bet they are all great company though. I did used to have a Rabbit, but it died at a young age :( My dog's young as well, I love it when they are puppies :) They can be hard work but are funny at the same time :D

brittany32888
04-02-2014, 06:48 PM
I actually had a dog with anxiety. It was horrible. We literally fed off of eachother. We actually ended up having to put him down because he became really aggressive and would leave the yard and try to attack people/other dogs. There wasn't any person or shelter that would take him because he was healthy otherwise. We dealt with a lot with him for along time, but I've always felt like I just gave up on him. And after having that experience I'm afraid to ever get another animal. My husband told me that animals can get anxiety when their owners have it. So I feel like it's my fault..

Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer, I never actually told anyone that before. :/

needtogetwell
04-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Ah nice! Sounds like a handful, I bet they are all great company though. I did used to have a Rabbit, but it died at a young age :( My dog's young as well, I love it when they are puppies :) They can be hard work but are funny at the same time :D

Agree they are fun and hard work .the pup is an Australian Shepard x whipet. Quick and smart!

6 yr old dog is border collie x lab. Gentlest sweetest natured dog. Unfortunate the pup even gets on her nerves. Then there's the cat who hates the pup. Every night I have a flying hissing and spitting fur ball as she launches herself off the bed at the pup!

Oh the joys of pet ownership

After5hock
04-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Sorry for what you were going though. Hope everything's good now, sometimes when we get like that, we have to put our loved ones first because they want us to be happy in life :)

I haven't made it much further, but I'm still kickin'! Lol.

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:56 PM
I actually had a dog with anxiety. It was horrible. We literally fed off of eachother. We actually ended up having to put him down because he became really aggressive and would leave the yard and try to attack people/other dogs. There wasn't any person or shelter that would take him because he was healthy otherwise. We dealt with a lot with him for along time, but I've always felt like I just gave up on him. And after having that experience I'm afraid to ever get another animal. My husband told me that animals can get anxiety when their owners have it. So I feel like it's my fault..

Sorry to be a Debbie-Downer, I never actually told anyone that before. :/

Awfully sorry about that :( I never knew Dogs could get that. Try not to blame yourself! I knew that Dogs could sense if their owner is hurting/Ill etc. It must have been difficult for you :(

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 06:57 PM
I haven't made it much further, but I'm still kickin'! Lol.

Ah good! :) That's the way

brittany32888
04-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Awfully sorry about that :( I never knew Dogs could get that. Try not to blame yourself! I knew that Dogs could sense if their owner is hurting/Ill etc. It must have been difficult for you :(

Yes. I'm ok though. He's better off not being miserable, and I'm not waiting for him to attack someone anymore.

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Agree they are fun and hard work .the pup is an Australian Shepard x whipet. Quick and smart!

6 yr old dog is border collie x lab. Gentlest sweetest natured dog. Unfortunate the pup even gets on her nerves. Then there's the cat who hates the pup. Every night I have a flying hissing and spitting fur ball as she launches herself off the bed at the pup!

Oh the joys of pet ownership

Ah cool! I have a Whippet as well, they are really loving dogs and very playful :) Mine is daft as a brush haha! She's not stupid but she'll do daft things, My Grandfather has a border collie, My grandfather is really attached to him since he only lives with his dog, I bet it's a nightmare with the cat and pup lol!
My two Birds are Budgies, their coming up to 3 this year. Yeah Animals are awesome :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Yes. I'm ok though. He's better off not being miserable, and I'm not waiting for him to attack someone anymore.

Yeah, it's quite a difficult thing what you went through. Glad you've stayed strong!

brittany32888
04-02-2014, 07:08 PM
Yeah, it's quite a difficult thing what you went through. Glad you've stayed strong!

I still have good memories of him. Maybe one day I'll post pictures, he was quite peculiar. But thanks :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I still have good memories of him. Maybe one day I'll post pictures, he was quite peculiar. But thanks :)

It's okay no problem :)

acetone
04-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I have dogs and am friend with many stray dogs in our area. I get along with animals much better than I do with humans

After5hock
04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
My girl cat, Khaleesi, likes to sit in our shower curtain. She's goofy. :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 01:54 PM
I have dogs and am friend with many stray dogs in our area. I get along with animals much better than I do with humans

I can relate, at least Animals are always there for you, whereas some people just backstab you

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
My girl cat, Khaleesi, likes to sit in our shower curtain. She's goofy. :)

Awesome! Cats are wicked :)

After5hock
04-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Awesome! Cats are wicked :)

Everybody loves my cats. They're really weird. Gui (my boy) chews on my thumb. The vet says that it's the equivalent of a baby sucking on their thumb. I should break him of it, but it's too darn cute.

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Everybody loves my cats. They're really weird. Gui (my boy) chews on my thumb. The vet says that it's the equivalent of a baby sucking on their thumb. I should break him of it, but it's too darn cute.

Haha how old are your cats, yeah pets have their funny ways at times? Do you like Dogs at all?

After5hock
04-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Haha how old are your cats, yeah pets have their funny ways at times? Do you like Dogs at all?

Gui will be two soon, and Khaleesi is 4 months behind him.
I love dogs. I have one, but my mom kept her when I moved out. I used to have a puppy, but he was a pom/pit mix.. very yappy. I just don't have a yard, and didn't realize that I have attacks while walking a dog in town.

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 03:13 PM
Gui will be two soon, and Khaleesi is 4 months behind him.
I love dogs. I have one, but my mom kept her when I moved out. I used to have a puppy, but he was a pom/pit mix.. very yappy. I just don't have a yard, and didn't realize that I have attacks while walking a dog in town.

Having pets is a great way of releasing stress and anxiety, it's because their so loving :)

After5hock
04-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Having pets is a great way of releasing stress and anxiety, it's because their so loving :)

I like them because I don't like being alone, and they're always cuddling on me. Its the best. :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 04:07 PM
I like them because I don't like being alone, and they're always cuddling on me. Its the best. :)

Yeah they are great Company :)

ashy
04-03-2014, 04:27 PM
I have a little 6 month old terrier, and I love him to pieces! He's helped me a lot when I am alone and feel anxious, especially when he comes and lays by me or sits in my lap. All my dogs that I've ever had have been like my best friends and have helped me to feel calm in really stressful and hurtful situations. :) I can't live without a dog :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 04:40 PM
I have a little 6 month old terrier, and I love him to pieces! He's helped me a lot when I am alone and feel anxious, especially when he comes and lays by me or sits in my lap. All my dogs that I've ever had have been like my best friends and have helped me to feel calm in really stressful and hurtful situations. :) I can't live without a dog :)

Aww Cool Dog :) I feel the same way as you, can't live without a Dog, sometimes they can be hard work but they make up for it because their so loving and caring.

After5hock
04-03-2014, 04:45 PM

My phone doesn't show any picture on here. :(

ashy
04-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Aww Cool Dog :) I feel the same way as you, can't live without a Dog, sometimes they can be hard work but they make up for it because their so loving and caring.
Thanks! ^_^ and that's very true!! I love how they love you no matter what and they always know how to cheer you up when no one else can :)

ashy
04-03-2014, 04:48 PM
My phone doesn't show any picture on here. :(
Mine doesn't either :/ I wonder of you could see it online? I can't even see my own picture that I posted. I hope they can fix that!

forgiveandforget1995
04-03-2014, 04:51 PM
Thanks! ^_^ and that's very true!! I love how they love you no matter what and they always know how to cheer you up when no one else can :)

Yeah sometimes I feel like I get on better with Animals than I do with people at times :D I hate how people think that Dogs, Cats etc have no feelings. That makes me annoyed.

Ritch
04-03-2014, 07:28 PM
I have more love for dogs than I do most people :)

jjh333
04-03-2014, 08:41 PM

I've never heard that! Thats awesome

HockeyRules
04-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Love Dogs and I have a nice aquarium...lots of fish.

After5hock
04-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Love Dogs and I have a nice aquarium...lots of fish.

I want a huge aquarium.. I'm just too broke. Lol.