PDA

View Full Version : Home from the psychiatrist

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 10:30 AM
She bumped my Paxil up which I'm so happy about! & when you bump up the dose on a med you've been taking, it only takes 1 week to kick in instead of 4.

I'm doing 1 week of 1 1/2 pills & then I'll bump up to 40 mg.

I know I'll never feel completely normal but I'm hoping with the increase, I'll be back doing ALL the things I did before & do them without having anxiety. Like actually go to the movies & enjoy it instead of not even paying attention cause I'm wondering if I'll panic.

I went into her office 1 month ago & on a scale of 1-10, I was a 2!! Today, I feel about a 6/7.

Anyways.. I hope you're all doing well today! The sun is shining here after a few days of rain (which didn't bother me at all :)

After5hock
04-02-2014, 10:35 AM
So glad to hear that you're doing good. I hope that dose up helps with that like extra that you need. :D

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 10:37 AM
So glad to hear that you're doing good. I hope that dose up helps with that like extra that you need. :D

Me too!! :) thank youuuuu!!

jessed03
04-02-2014, 11:13 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/29g02f4.jpg

jessed03
04-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Sounds like your psych is doing a great job with you :)

Perses
04-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Brooke,

Does your psychiatrist discuss your anxiety with you outside of the medication? Does she say, ok, so I'm bumping up the paxil, but I also want you to a) keep a diary b) do positive self-talk ... I'm just wondering.

Yes, one day you'll do that, definitely. Of course! Working out it, take pleasure and pride in working on these things. You will still get anxious about getting anxious, but building up a reservoir of positive experiences will enable you to tamp down on the anxiety. Or use it for your good.

Normal means nothing, trust me!! no one is normal, we all have our quirks. We all have our strengths.

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Brooke, Does your psychiatrist discuss your anxiety with you outside of the medication? Does she say, ok, so I'm bumping up the paxil, but I also want you to a) keep a diary b) do positive self-talk ... I'm just wondering. Yes, one day you'll do that, definitely. Of course! Working out it, take pleasure and pride in working on these things. You will still get anxious about getting anxious, but building up a reservoir of positive experiences will enable you to tamp down on the anxiety. Or use it for your good. Normal means nothing, trust me!! no one is normal, we all have our quirks. We all have our strengths.

She's strictly just a medicine psychiatrist. She gives advice but I'm really there just for the meds.

I am seeing a counselor though & I do keep a journal :) I'm adamant on doing other things then just relying on meds.

Thank you for the reply :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Sounds like your psych is doing a great job with you :)

Lmao at that pic!! Haha omg.

Irish Sammie
04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
That's great to hear brooke! It's all about learning those new skills whilst on the meds, so when you're off them, you have the tools to encounter anything! :)

forgiveandforget1995
04-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Hey Brooke glad to know you're getting better :) Hey never say never! You'll never know, in a years time you could be fully recovered, you'd be surprised how quickly some people can recover. Glad you're doing well, hope your day is good :)

Enduronman
04-02-2014, 12:16 PM
YAY Brooklyn!!!
Glad to see you're doing well friend..

Have a great day too!!

Enduronman... :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 01:55 PM
Thank you everyone!! I appreciate it :)

jessed03
04-02-2014, 02:04 PM
yay brooklyn!!!
Glad to see you're doing well friend..

Have a great day too!!

Enduronman... :)

finallyyyyyy youre back!!!

needtogetwell
04-02-2014, 02:13 PM
I knew you would have a good appointment!!!

Now you're really gonna knock it out if the park!!!

Watch out! Brooke's got rocket fuel!!!lol. :D

Pam

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 02:28 PM
I knew you would have a good appointment!!! Now you're really gonna knock it out if the park!!! Watch out! Brooke's got rocket fuel!!!lol. :D Pam

You're so sweet!!

Thank you :)

Enduronman
04-02-2014, 02:34 PM
finallyyyyyy youre back!!!

I had to take care of some prettttyyy serious issues..
On top of all the other serious issues but I got until May 31st before I have to think about them again..YAY!!
I hadn't forgotten about my friends, members, and Lil Bruh Jesse!! (Where is my damn penny)
Glad to see that most are doing pretty well and moving forward in some fashion too...

E-Man.. :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Oh & I forgot!! She wants me to try to sleep tonight without an sleep pill.. So we'll see how that goes!!

Enduronman
04-02-2014, 04:07 PM
Oh & I forgot!! She wants me to try to sleep tonight without an sleep pill.. So we'll see how that goes!!

I hope that goes well Brooklyn!!

Hopes for a restful night...

E-Man.. :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 04:27 PM
I hope that goes well Brooklyn!! Hopes for a restful night... E-Man.. :)

Thank you friend!! :)

ricanbaldi
04-02-2014, 05:52 PM
hi everybody

After5hock
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Good luck buttercup. :)

BrookeLynnnn
04-02-2014, 06:02 PM
Good luck buttercup. :)

Thank you!!! :)