PDA

View Full Version : Question for the ladies

amers85
04-02-2014, 08:29 AM
Hi ladies,

Have any of you been on Mirena ? Did it have any bad side effects? My Dr wants me to be on a birth control, along with my fiancé, because of the meds I'm on, she doesn't want me to accidently get pregnant and have to stop my meds abruptly. So, I need to get on some kind of birth control plan until I'm ready to get off these meds and have another baby. Just wanted some input on this, she said it is a local hormone so it doesn't effect my body. I just want to make sure there isn't weight gain on this or anything else I should be aware of.

Thanks!!

After5hock
04-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Hi ladies,

Have any of you been on Mirena ? Did it have any bad side effects? My Dr wants me to be on a birth control, along with my fiancé, because of the meds I'm on, she doesn't want me to accidently get pregnant and have to stop my meds abruptly. So, I need to get on some kind of birth control plan until I'm ready to get off these meds and have another baby. Just wanted some input on this, she said it is a local hormone so it doesn't effect my body. I just want to make sure there isn't weight gain on this or anything else I should be aware of.

Thanks!!

My brother's wife uses it, and she said that there's no other form of BC that she will use. She loves it. She didn't experience any weight gain or anything like that. Also, I have two friends that use it. The one friend loves it, and the other friend had to stop using it. She's prone to getting infections easily, and I guess is gave her some discomfort with abdominal pain. It depends on what your body decides about it. Lol. Most women that I've talked to about it like it a lot. I want to get it, but I can't due to cervical problems. I hope that helps some.