PDA

View Full Version : borderline panic mode??

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 02:59 PM
So I'm going on my much anticipated trip on Thursday, definitely feeling uneasy. I have things to do.. pack, shop, clean, etc. But it's making me feel sick. I'm also waiting for a lady to come by to bring something I ordered... I hate waiting. My mom is also on her way into town. I waited too long to eat earlier. So now am just feeling all around shitty. Not sure what to do now, trying to relax and take my mind off of the stress... works for a little while then comes back. I also got poop for sleep last night. Not a good combo with my already anxious disposition.

I want to cry :(

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Hang in there Brittany!

Have a bite to eat, nothing heavy and try to focus on doing something on your to do list while you wait for your package to arrive.

You will get something accomplished and take your mind off feeling shitty.

Try if you can to get to bed a little earlier and get some good sleep. You will feel better tomorrow.

Your trip should be fun, not something to get wound up about. Not easy, we all get a bit spun when we have lots to do before a deadline.

Enjoy your trip!
Pam

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Hang in there Brittany!

Have a bite to eat, nothing heavy and try to focus on doing something on your to do list while you wait for your package to arrive.

You will get something accomplished and take your mind off feeling shitty.

Try if you can to get to bed a little earlier and get some good sleep. You will feel better tomorrow.

Your trip should be fun, not something to get wound up about. Not easy, we all get a bit spun when we have lots to do before a deadline.

Enjoy your trip!
Pam

Yeah I've eaten, got my package, feeling a little better but not completely. The reason I don't get sleep is because my son is in our room and for the past week he has been a pain in the you-know-what to get to sleep, and then he gets restless and its crazy...
Every time I get close to having to do something I'm uncomfortable with, I try to find an excuse to get out of it. I just want it to go away.

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah I've eaten, got my package, feeling a little better but not completely. The reason I don't get sleep is because my son is in our room and for the past week he has been a pain in the you-know-what to get to sleep, and then he gets restless and its crazy... Every time I get close to having to do something I'm uncomfortable with, I try to find an excuse to get out of it. I just want it to go away.

Keep plugging away at it. It will ease off with time.

Is your son very young? Does he have his own room to sleep in so you can get some decent sleep? Sometimes when they are restless they will go back to sleep by themselves.

Hope it gets better for you!
Pam

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Keep plugging away at it. It will ease off with time.

Is your son very young? Does he have his own room to sleep in so you can get some decent sleep? Sometimes when they are restless they will go back to sleep by themselves.

Hope it gets better for you!
Pam

He does have his own room... but won't sleep in it. I've been slowly working him toward doing that.. it seems to go well for a while then we have a bad week like this week. I know he feeds off of my anxiety, which is upsetting. Maybe why he gets restless. I'm starting to think that my anxiety will get worse once he's out of our room because I'll worry about him. He comforts me. I know it's not his responsibility and is unfair to him. I just need him :( I still ultimately want him to be independent, just may take longer because of my insecurities.

He's going on 4 btw.

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 05:03 PM
He does have his own room... but won't sleep in it. I've been slowly working him toward doing that.. it seems to go well for a while then we have a bad week like this week. I know he feeds off of my anxiety, which is upsetting. Maybe why he gets restless. I'm starting to think that my anxiety will get worse once he's out of our room because I'll worry about him. He comforts me. I know it's not his responsibility and is unfair to him. I just need him :( I still ultimately want him to be independent, just may take longer because of my insecurities. He's going on 4 btw.

Here's an idea when you are ready to have him go back to his own room. Do you have a baby monitor? If you do and you've put it way, pull it out again. At least then in the night you can still hear him but maybe not need him with you.

Just an idea.
Cheers!
Pam

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Here's an idea when you are ready to have him go back to his own room. Do you have a baby monitor? If you do and you've put it way, pull it out again. At least then in the night you can still hear him but maybe not need him with you.

Just an idea.
Cheers!
Pam

That's actually a great idea, we do have one. Even though his room is right across from mine, I might find comfort in hearing him as if he's right there.
Thank you :)

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 06:09 PM
You are welcome Brittany.

Part of you getting a good handle on your anxiety issues is for you to get good sleep. That's tough with a youngster. But it can be done. Breaking the habit of him sleeping in your room will be better for both of you, the longer you wait the harder it will be for both of you. A viscous circle I know.

Maybe you can try once you get back from your trip.

Good luck!
And have a great time on your trip!
Pam

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 06:12 PM
You are welcome Brittany.

Part of you getting a good handle on your anxiety issues is for you to get good sleep. That's tough with a youngster. But it can be done. Breaking the habit of him sleeping in your room will be better for both of you, the longer you wait the harder it will be for both of you. A viscous circle I know.

Maybe you can try once you get back from your trip.

Good luck!
And have a great time on your trip!
Pam

Will do. Thanks.