PDA

View Full Version : Medication Poll...what have you liked and what have you hated?

Sara23
04-01-2014, 02:37 PM
I am going to be going to my doctors this week to talk about my anxiety and the possibility of getting back on medication. It has been over a year since I was on medication and before that I was taking Lexapro for a few years. I liked it fine at first but after a while I started feeling like a zombie. Like I had no emotions or feelings, no sex drive, and if I drank I got waaaaay to messed up on it. So I don't think I want to get back on it but Im not really sure what else is out there. What is your experience with medications? Any that you liked that you felt worked? Any that you hated? I would like to do some research before I go in and I would love to know yalls experiences. Thanks!!

Sara23
04-01-2014, 02:41 PM
I would also like to know what natural remedies you have tried as well and what you have found that works for you!! I am very open to natural therapy and vitamins as well. Just curious what people like me do to cope.

BrookeLynnnn
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
I've only been on my meds for 4 weeks but has completely changed me for the better!! I'm taking Paxil. The only bad about this is a chance of weight gain. I haven't had any yet but I've read that can happen.

I tried Prozac for 2 weeks.. Wasn't a big fan. Prozac is mainly for depression anyways, so I've heard.

Let me know what you end up going with :)

jessed03
04-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Liked Celexa. Hated Prozac. Could never make it work for me.

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Liked Celexa until it pooped out on me. Had a love/hate relationship with Effexor, loved how it worked , hated the weight and how it made me sweat!

em1
04-01-2014, 03:23 PM
Liked propanol (beta blocker) works so
Well for racing heat etc
Liked setraline (Zoloft)