PDA

View Full Version : Having anxiety for a while now

PinkFloyd
04-25-2008, 05:27 AM
Last year my cat died.He spent most of the time with me when I did anything and now the void were I used to be with my cat has been anxiety about lots of thing.I have thought that I was going to get cancer or a rare disease even though I know I'm not.I keep trying to relax and stop thinking about it but I keeps coming back.I'm going to start piano lesson to help with it because I aways wanted to learn.But I can't seem turn the anxiety off.

LAnn
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
hi pinkfloyd .. sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I have the same health anxieties and i try to relax too, but it always finds its way back into my mind .. unless of course im keeping busy .. which im sure the piano lessons will do for you .. im no expert but it sounds like you are on the right track .. and trust me when i tell u, u are not alone .. have you thought about getting another cat? hope this finds you feeling well!

Robbed
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
But I can't seem turn the anxiety off.

That's because it's just not possible. Or, at the very least, you just can't snap your fingers to make it go away. Recovery from anxiety takes time. And I think this is something that is VERY important to know. After all, MANY people believe they are hopeless cases because their anxiety does not disappear within a short period of time. But the truth is that anxiety that resolves itself quickly is more the exception than the rule.