PDA

View Full Version : Coffee..

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 09:48 PM
I miss coffee!! :(

It's been probably two years since I've had it!!

Anyone drink decaf?? That won't mess with my anxiety right?? I found some French vanilla decaf :) yummy!!

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 03:10 AM
I miss coffee!! :( It's been probably two years since I've had it!! Anyone drink decaf?? That won't mess with my anxiety right?? I found some French vanilla decaf :) yummy!!

Hi Brooke,

I drink only decaf, but just a little bit. I don't feel good when I have it.

French vanilla sounds really good, try it. You won't know if it is going to affect you unless you try!

Cheers
Pam

leetbulldog
04-01-2014, 03:39 AM
Well I still drink coffee. doesn't really effect my anxiety. I guess every body reacts differently. .

AliasEQ
04-01-2014, 03:48 AM
One cup won't hurt. I'd say try it, I doubt one cup is going to effect in you.

Dahila
04-01-2014, 07:28 AM
I do not think it affect anxiety, I drink 3 cups a day (not so strong anymore) but I am on beta blockers. Coffee highers temporary the blood pressure, a bit, not for long and the heart beat. Coffee helps to breathe when you have asthma. It is not evil. I am drinking it kind of weak. I would have to drink a liter of strong coffee to affect my anxiety. I think it is more about higher heartbeat and our fear than anxiety. That is my opinion. I love coffee and the taste of black (I drink black with a tiny bit of sugar) velvety Colombian, dark roast coffee :)

nikki_marie21
04-01-2014, 07:42 AM
I drink decaf coffee from Tim hortons .. Don't even notice the lack of caffeine and I have no issues with it :)

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 08:12 AM
I do not think it affect anxiety, I drink 3 cups a day (not so strong anymore) but I am on beta blockers. Coffee highers temporary the blood pressure, a bit, not for long and the heart beat. Coffee helps to breathe when you have asthma. It is not evil. I am drinking it kind of weak. I would have to drink a liter of strong coffee to affect my anxiety. I think it is more about higher heartbeat and our fear than anxiety. That is my opinion. I love coffee and the taste of black (I drink black with a tiny bit of sugar) velvety Colombian, dark roast coffee :)

Bingo!

Coffee isn't causing anxiety. Your fear that it may is what causes people to associate the two

You get a great buzz with coffee so your heart wakes up and you feel like you have some extra energy

Anxious folks feel that and decide it's not normal and something horrible is going to happen so they get anxious

Drink your coffee if you are cool with cleaning the house better than you ever have while feeling those awesome physical symptoms

If you don't think you can handle the physical effects of coffee without associating them with something they are not, you should avoid it

Dahila
04-01-2014, 08:57 AM
Sorry guys but decaf or instant coffee is the killer filled up with chemicals. Stop drinking decaf for your own good
"The third approach, supercritical carbon dioxide decaffeination, is very similar to the direct solvent methods, except that in this case the solvent is carbon dioxide. High-pressure vessels (operating at roughly 250 to 300 times atmospheric pressure) are employed to circulate the carbon dioxide through a bed of premoistened, green coffee beans. At such pressures, carbon dioxide takes on unique, 'supercritical' properties that enhance its usefulness as a solvent. Supercritical carbon dioxide has a density like that of a liquid, but its viscosity and diffusivity are similar to those of a gas. These attributes significantly lower its pumping costs. Carbon dioxide is a popular solvent because it has a relatively low pressure critical point, and it is naturally abundant. The caffeine-rich carbon dioxide exiting the extraction vessel is either channeled through a bed of activated charcoal or through a water 'bath' tower to absorb the caffeine. The carbon dioxide is then recirculated back to the extraction vessel. Supercritical carbon dioxide decaffeination is capital-cost intensive, but it offers very good yields. It typically can extract 96 to 98 percent of the caffeine originally present in the beans."

Dahila
04-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Sorry guys but decaf or instant coffee is the killer filled up with chemicals. Stop drinking decaf for your own good
"The third approach, supercritical carbon dioxide decaffeination, is very similar to the direct solvent methods, except that in this case the solvent is carbon dioxide. High-pressure vessels (operating at roughly 250 to 300 times atmospheric pressure) are employed to circulate the carbon dioxide through a bed of premoistened, green coffee beans. At such pressures, carbon dioxide takes on unique, 'supercritical' properties that enhance its usefulness as a solvent. Supercritical carbon dioxide has a density like that of a liquid, but its viscosity and diffusivity are similar to those of a gas. These attributes significantly lower its pumping costs. Carbon dioxide is a popular solvent because it has a relatively low pressure critical point, and it is naturally abundant. The caffeine-rich carbon dioxide exiting the extraction vessel is either channeled through a bed of activated charcoal or through a water 'bath' tower to absorb the caffeine. The carbon dioxide is then recirculated back to the extraction vessel. Supercritical carbon dioxide decaffeination is capital-cost intensive, but it offers very good yields. It typically can extract 96 to 98 percent of the caffeine originally present in the beans."

"The important point is that decaffeinated is not the same as caffeine-free," says Roland Griffiths, PhD, a professor of behavioral biology and neuroscience at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, in a news release for a study conducted by the University of Florida on caffeine content in decaf coffee. "People who are trying to eliminate caffeine from their diet should be aware that popular decaffeinated espresso drinks such as lattes (which contain two shots of espresso) can deliver as much caffeine as a can of Coca-Cola -- about 31 milligrams."

needtogetwell
04-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Dahila,
This is exactly why I now drink herbal teas!

Coffee as a whole just upsets my stomach so I just don't drink it or any sodas which also cause stomach discomfort for me.

Dahila
04-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Dahila,
This is exactly why I now drink herbal teas!

Coffee as a whole just upsets my stomach so I just don't drink it or any sodas which also cause stomach discomfort for me.

Coffee may upset the stomach, it does, it highers the acidity. I am aware of that;)) I also drink white tea, and herbal, and water. white tea has calming properties and it awesome before sleep :))

BrookeLynnnn
04-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies!! :)

Where I was house sitting, they had a nice little coffee set up so I was going to try!! Didn't end up trying it.. Woke up late & had to rush my sister home so she could get to work..

Guess next time decaf coffee is around me, I'll try it then!! :)

Tea for me in the meantime!

Dahila
04-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Brookie try regular coffee it has tons of antioxidant, very beneficial, you do not have to make it strong. Decaf does have caffeine :))

AliasEQ
04-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Brookie try regular coffee it has tons of antioxidant, very beneficial, you do not have to make it strong. Decaf does have caffeine :))

Dahila knows her sh*t. Listen to her :D

Dahila
04-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Thank you Alias, I bet when you reach my age you know ten times more:))