PDA

View Full Version : Sex

mikecole114
03-31-2014, 06:08 PM
Hello,
I've been suffering from gad for a whole and at the end of last year got very depressed I'm now feeling a lot better but still anxious. One thing I haven't done since I've been depressed is have sex. The fear of not being able to get an erection on my meds and the fear and low self esteem that I have.
Well I've been speaking to an old friend who is totally game for me and we've been talking about it but I'm now nervous and anxious about having sex again. Any points, tips? I mean like do I tell her before that I'm on these meds or what? What if I'm really bad or something that's my main worry

NixonRulz
03-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Hello, I've been suffering from gad for a whole and at the end of last year got very depressed I'm now feeling a lot better but still anxious. One thing I haven't done since I've been depressed is have sex. The fear of not being able to get an erection on my meds and the fear and low self esteem that I have. Well I've been speaking to an old friend who is totally game for me and we've been talking about it but I'm now nervous and anxious about having sex again. Any points, tips? I mean like do I tell her before that I'm on these meds or what? What if I'm really bad or something that's my main worry

So you have a friend that is willing to bang you to see if it will be okay?

Just not sure what you are saying there

jessed03
03-31-2014, 06:22 PM
Sup Mike

I think it's a fair worry. Meds can effect your ability to blow, or your ability to even get going. Anxiety affects your confidence and flow.

You're young, so you shouldn't have too big a problem if there is one. May just be a tad rusty.

One of the best ways to gain confidence in something is to do it, and see it work. Makes you far less anxious next time.

No harm in meeting your friend, and trying. To take a lot of the pressure off, pretend you've had a fair few beers. Drink alcohol free though.

That way you can blame anything that comes up, or goes bad, on whiskey dick.

Nobody takes drunken sex seriously.

Then you'll know where you stand, libido wise. If everything goes fine, you'll probably jump straight back in.

NixonRulz
03-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Sup Mike I think it's a fair worry. Meds can effect your ability to blow, or your ability to even get going. Anxiety affects your confidence and flow. You're young, so you shouldn't have too big a problem if there is one. May just be a tad rusty. One of the best ways to gain confidence in something is to do it, and see it work. Makes you far less anxious next time. No harm in meeting your friend, and trying. To take a lot of the pressure off, pretend you've had a fair few beers. Drink alcohol free though. That way you can blame anything that comes up, or goes bad, on whiskey dick. Nobody takes drunken sex seriously. Then you'll know where you stand, libido wise. If everything goes fine, you'll probably jump straight back in.

Ok. So it is a friend you can bang

Jesse is right with the above advice

If it does work well, you can probably try everything if you say it makes you feel anxious

You two can just explore cool stuff

It will work just fine

That thing has a mind of its own

Blessed
03-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Sex .....what's that :(

NixonRulz
03-31-2014, 06:47 PM

Yeah but women don't have any pressure

They can just do nothing and pretend they like it and it goes just fine

All my former girlfriends said the same thing

Guys though. Us poor bastards have the weight of the world on our shoulders

Bitches. All of ya.

LOL

jessed03
03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Its that thing you should be doing in bed instead of checking your BP :)

Haha. Brilliant :D

Dahila
03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
Its that thing you should be doing in bed instead of checking your BP :)

Forwells you are meanie;)
Sex is the best anxiety killer :)
Why the hell I still have it?

After5hock
03-31-2014, 08:23 PM

Bitches. All of ya.

LOL

I'd like to proudly point out that some (obviously not all) women actually do equal (if not more) amount of work.. You just need to find the ones that are kind, and unselfish!
Although, I do agree. Men do deal with tons of pressure.

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 08:29 PM
I'd like to proudly point out that some (obviously not all) women actually do equal (if not more) amount of work.. You just need to find the ones that are kind, and unselfish! Although, I do agree. Men do deal with tons of pressure.

Agreed!!!!

Scdg17
03-31-2014, 08:33 PM

If you find out, let me know.
This is officially the longest drought since I lost my virginity. :(

brittany32888
03-31-2014, 09:07 PM

Bitches. All of ya.

LOL

So what about the fact that it takes 1000x more work for a woman to feel a fraction of the pleasure that a man feels. All a man has to do IS get an erection and a hole to put it in then it's a done deal. Waaay more complicated than that for a woman.

HockeyRules
03-31-2014, 09:40 PM
So what about the fact that it takes 1000x more work for a woman to feel a fraction of the pleasure that a man feels. All a man has to do IS get an erection and a hole to put it in then it's a done deal. Waaay more complicated than that for a woman.

From a person who was on paroxetine ......the original poster has a fair gripe and fear. Imagine your 26 wedding anniversary.....everything is going smoothly and you just can't get that damn car up up up over the hill. Very frustrating from a verile male pre Paxil. It drove me nuts....either I couldn't finish or couldn't even get the engine started. After I got off Paxil ....it all went back to normal.......just beware.....and prepare yourself just in case...especially if your on a SSRI.

Wishing the best for you ......

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 09:47 PM
From a person who was on paroxetine ......the original poster has a fair gripe and fear. Imagine your 26 wedding anniversary.....everything is going smoothly and you just can't get that damn car up up up over the hill. Very frustrating from a verile male pre Paxil. It drove me nuts....either I couldn't finish or couldn't even get the engine started. After I got off Paxil ....it all went back to normal.......just beware.....and prepare yourself just in case...especially if your on a SSRI. Wishing the best for you ......

I'm on Paxil!! Lol

I know a lot of people say SSRIs make you not even want sex. How long until this happens??

Been on Paxil almost 4 weeks & haven't had any problems yet..... Lol

HockeyRules
03-31-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm on Paxil!! Lol I know a lot of people say SSRIs make you not even want sex. How long until this happens?? Been on Paxil almost 4 weeks & haven't had any problems yet..... Lol

What dose ? I went into shutdown mode when at 20 mg. And yes.....I cared about finishing....mentally....physically ....sometimes I could give 2 shits....that wasn't me. Lol.

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 10:02 PM
What dose ? I went into shutdown mode when at 20 mg. And yes.....I cared about finishing....mentally....physically ....sometimes I could give 2 shits....that wasn't me. Lol.

Oh geeeez!!

I'm on 20mg.

Niicole Lynne
03-31-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry and not to offend but this thread made me giggle a little bit lol

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm sorry and not to offend but this thread made me giggle a little bit lol

Hi friend! I haven't seen you on lately!! Must mean you're doing well? :)

Niicole Lynne
03-31-2014, 10:21 PM
Hi friend! I haven't seen you on lately!! Must mean you're doing well? :)

Hey Brooke! Things have been really good lately.
It's kinda strange. Lol whether it's the medicine or a mixture of meds, therapy, and distraction techniques I've been feeling almost normal. Keeping busy with family and friends and work has helped too.

Unfortunately jay (bf) has been working nights and I know its still a trigger for me because I find myself becoming slightly anxious at night.
Other than that and a few intrusive thoughts things have been good.

How are you girl?

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 10:30 PM
Hey Brooke! Things have been really good lately. It's kinda strange. Lol whether it's the medicine or a mixture of meds, therapy, and distraction techniques I've been feeling almost normal. Keeping busy with family and friends and work has helped too. Unfortunately jay (bf) has been working nights and I know its still a trigger for me because I find myself becoming slightly anxious at night. Other than that and a few intrusive thoughts things have been good. How are you girl?

Aw that's great!! So happy for you :)
You don't panic at night though? That's good!

& I've actually been good also! Yay :) I'm not back at work yet but I'm hoping to be soon!!

I'm out doing things & started seeing a counselor Friday! Everything's goooood :)

Niicole Lynne
03-31-2014, 10:41 PM
Aw that's great!! So happy for you :) You don't panic at night though? That's good! & I've actually been good also! Yay :) I'm not back at work yet but I'm hoping to be soon!! I'm out doing things & started seeing a counselor Friday! Everything's goooood :)

I posted that in two threads for some reason haha
I don't panic much at night anymore no
I just try going to sleep and listening to the sound of rain
It's very calming for me
And I'm happy for you too!!
I'm sure you'll be back in no time!
I like hearing good stuff :)

BrookeLynnnn
03-31-2014, 10:58 PM
I posted that in two threads for some reason haha I don't panic much at night anymore no I just try going to sleep and listening to the sound of rain It's very calming for me And I'm happy for you too!! I'm sure you'll be back in no time! I like hearing good stuff :)

Lol!!

& that's good!! Once I go home, I'll be in the same boat. Boyfriend got a new job while I've been at my moms & it's graveyard :( his mom will be home with me but still..

& thank you!! :)

Glad you found me on FB! :)

mikecole114
04-01-2014, 06:06 AM
Thankyou for all your replies . Yeah it's a friend who just broke up with her boyfriend we are both in town and she wants the d! Ahahahahahahah but yeah it is such a nervous thing and I don't know why. I'm more scared of her then telling people that I'm like that but I know she wouldn't do that but I'm still full of fear.

Another issue I wanna see if anyone eles has is on ssris they sweat more? Especially when sleeping? Another reason I'm scared to sleep with her because what if I get really really sweaty it will be grim for her!!!? Any tips I'm detirmined to end my drought

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 07:46 AM

Dang. Your men have been lame

See, that's where SSRI's work for you, Mike

When I was dating my wife , she thought I was a stud because I could go to when I wanted to being on the SSRI.

I learned to have great control of it and could go for 2 minutes or 2 hours, depending on her mood

She said " I do", I eventually came off the SSRI, we had kids, I got lame in the sack and she decided it was cheaper to stay together than divorce

A fairy tale, I tell ya

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Thankyou for all your replies . Yeah it's a friend who just broke up with her boyfriend we are both in town and she wants the d! Ahahahahahahah but yeah it is such a nervous thing and I don't know why. I'm more scared of her then telling people that I'm like that but I know she wouldn't do that but I'm still full of fear. Another issue I wanna see if anyone eles has is on ssris they sweat more? Especially when sleeping? Another reason I'm scared to sleep with her because what if I get really really sweaty it will be grim for her!!!? Any tips I'm detirmined to end my drought

I did a bit of sweating for a week or two one I started the Effexor

Nothing major and it went away

You know you are so focused on this right now, there is the possibility that you will self talk the wood to becoming a wet noodle

And it won't be because of the SSRI, it will be the anxiety of having to get a boner on command in your mind

So much pressure and that thing will stare at your feet

That was much worse for me than the effects of the SSRI . I was afraid I wouldn't be able, so I wasn't able to. And that sucked

If that does in fact happen, give it some time before you bail on the AD. Good chance it isn't the pill screwing you over

Let the SSRI work long enough to remove the anxiety, then decide if it is having side effects on you

You have a real good sport in gnat girl who will let you bang her for a bit to try things out

Hopefully she will be willing to give you a go in 8 weeks or so after you start

The anxiety issues should be gone or lessened so you can see how you make out

Good luck with this

It's a horrible thing to have to go through and potentially embarrassing

This is the one issue that all guys can relate to

Blessed
04-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Its that thing you should be doing in bed instead of checking your BP :) ha ha ha !!! Yes :( But these lovely meds take the want too right out of ya

amers85
04-01-2014, 09:49 AM
My meds effected me in the beginning, I was never in the mood. I don't know if it were the meds, or just me always thinking about when my next panic attack was to happen. Now if I could have it all the time I wouldn't complain lol, just gotta get my fiancé on that!

anxietycat
04-01-2014, 10:52 AM
This thread was just what I needed to see today ... Lol!!!!!

jessed03
04-01-2014, 10:59 AM
If you're worried about sweating, talcum powder up.

It works for Olympic weightlifters.

You may smell a little bit of baby, that's the down side.

After5hock
04-01-2014, 11:31 AM
If you're worried about sweating, talcum powder up.

It works for Olympic weightlifters.

You may smell a little bit of baby, that's the down side.

The smell of baby products (powder, lotion, etc) actually tend to arouse women.

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 11:39 AM

I got excited when I read this

I threw baby powder at three girls here in the office and all they got was mad

I think I actually blinded one of them

Please don't post unproven facts

My career depends on it

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Dang. Your men have been lame See, that's where SSRI's work for you, Mike When I was dating my wife , she thought I was a stud because I could go to when I wanted to being on the SSRI. I learned to have great control of it and could go for 2 minutes or 2 hours, depending on her mood She said " I do", I eventually came off the SSRI, we had kids, I got lame in the sack and she decided it was cheaper to stay together than divorce A fairy tale, I tell ya

Lmao... I have no words...

After5hock
04-01-2014, 11:48 AM
I got excited when I read this

I threw baby powder at three girls here in the office and all they got was mad

I think I actually blinded one of them

Please don't post unproven facts

My career depends on it

Lmfao.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/men/sweating-odor/attractive-man-smell.htm

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 11:49 AM

It's actually the opposite for me, probably for other reasons. Now after having a child, if/when I do smell something babyish while, well...ya know doing it(lol) it turns me off. I think, oh yeah, I have a kid in the next room that could potentially wake up, walk in here right before something could be happening and ruin it. F#@&!!

That could just be me though...

After5hock
04-01-2014, 12:01 PM
It's actually the opposite for me, probably for other reasons. Now after having a child, if/when I do smell something babyish while, well...ya know doing it(lol) it turns me off. I think, oh yeah, I have a kid in the next room that could potentially wake up, walk in here right before something could be happening and ruin it. F#@&!!

That could just be me though...

Lol. I'm sure that it doesn't work for all women, but when my man puts on some baby lotion.. mm. >.<

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Lol. I'm sure that it doesn't work for all women, but when my man puts on some baby lotion.. mm. >.<

Lmao... more power to you, for sure ;)

Blessed
04-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Y'all are cracking me up !

Blessed
04-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Lol. I'm sure that it doesn't work for all women, but when my man puts on some baby lotion.. mm. >.< wow... Ok ....lol, does he put it on himself??

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 01:01 PM

He puts baby lotion on? A guy does?

You either have nagged the testosterone right outta him or you are like an Olympic gymnast in the sack when he wears it

There is no other logical reason

None

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 02:00 PM

You either have nagged the testosterone right outta him or you are like an Olympic gymnast in the sack when he wears it

None

Have you ever had sex with a woman that had elephant skin? There is nothing wrong with a man feeling baby soft for his woman..

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 02:02 PM
And on a second note, if you knew that your woman would put out every time she smelled that baby scent, wouldn't you rub it all over your body every chance you got?

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 02:17 PM
Have you ever had sex with a woman that had elephant skin? There is nothing wrong with a man feeling baby soft for his woman..

If I ever had the displeasure of being with a woman with elephant skin, I would shoot her and mount her on the wall with the deer heads. LOL

amers85
04-01-2014, 02:42 PM
This is getting very comical lol

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 02:48 PM
If I ever had the displeasure of being with a woman with elephant skin, I would shoot her and mount her on the wall with the deer heads. LOL

Exactly.

Use the lotion.

After5hock
04-01-2014, 03:06 PM

None

My fault. It's the only lotion that I buy. Bahahaha! We're both too cheap to buy two kinds.

After5hock
04-01-2014, 03:08 PM
wow... Ok ....lol, does he put it on himself??

Not every time. Lol.

After5hock
04-01-2014, 03:08 PM
And on a second note, if you knew that your woman would put out every time she smelled that baby scent, wouldn't you rub it all over your body every chance you got?

Bahaha. Right! Most men probably wouldn't give a.....

jessed03
04-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I use baby lotion. I'm not ashamed of that.... anymore.

The Johnson and Johnson one. Most expensive lotions are pretty much just baby oil with perfumes in anyway.

It costs about £2 and makes my skin so soft. Every girl that touches it comments.

Which I don't mind, as long as they don't touch my rattle.

After5hock
04-01-2014, 03:20 PM

The Johnson and Johnson one. Most expensive lotions are pretty much just baby oil with perfumes in anyway.

It costs about £2 and makes my skin so soft. Every girl that touches it comments.

See! Sh*t's amazing! Lol. Never be ashamed. :)

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 03:25 PM

See at least you care about having soft skin....
But FYI... Johnson & Johnson puts formaldehyde in all of their baby products.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/22/the-real-lesson-of-formaldehyde-in-baby-shampoo/

amers85
04-01-2014, 03:27 PM

http://ideas.time.com/2012/08/22/the-real-lesson-of-formaldehyde-in-baby-shampoo/

YES!! It does, I was told about this when my son was younger, and I quit using it!!

amers85
04-01-2014, 03:28 PM

Soft skin is a plus. How many girls come up and just touch you? lol

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 03:35 PM
YES!! It does, I was told about this when my son was younger, and I quit using it!!

Apparently they are working to get rid of it.. but after all this time not giving a shit.. it's a little too late I'd say...

jessed03
04-01-2014, 03:36 PM

They got rid of that a while ago in the UK product :) but thanks for the FYI britt

I already cut out the SLS garbage in my shampoos, and my hairs way nicer for doing that!

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
They got rid of that a while ago in the UK product :) but thanks for the FYI britt

I already cut out the SLS garbage in my shampoos, and my hairs way nicer for doing that!

Us Americans are always the last to make changes. :/

Maybe you should start a thread:
Male Grooming 101
You could teach these guys a thing or two

NixonRulz
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
They got rid of that a while ago in the UK product :) but thanks for the FYI britt I already cut out the SLS garbage in my shampoos, and my hairs way nicer for doing that!

What is SLS?

brittany32888
04-01-2014, 03:55 PM
What is SLS?

Sulfates.... right?

jessed03
04-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Yeah sodium lauryl sulfate.

Some say there's a cancer risk using it, but I just think cutting it out made my hair much healthier. My hairs really thin and wavy, things like this matter to me.

And others notice it too. One girl said to me I had the softest hair she'd ever seen, and wondered if I'd go out on a date with her friend. I said sure.

We never met again after that one date though. Sometimes you meet somebody and know they just aren't your type.

I do hope Marcus found somebody.

mikecole114
04-03-2014, 03:42 AM
So tonight's the night I meet this girl every body wish me luck ahahah thanks everyone for the replies

NixonRulz
04-03-2014, 05:43 AM
So tonight's the night I meet this girl every body wish me luck ahahah thanks everyone for the replies

Have fun!!!!!