PDA

View Full Version : Pains throughout body?

Riley20
03-31-2014, 11:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I've had bad anxiety for about a year now, for a few months it seemed to settle down so I came off the medication.

Then about five weeks ago I started getting pains down my side and into one of my arms so much so that I couldn't move my arm. Two doctors diagnosed me with having done some nerve damage and said it would clear up. The pains then started to progress and went all through my back, neck, other arm and my chest. I went back to the doctors and he was quite confused because if it was nerve damage it wouldn't be in my chest as it is completely different nerves, I had some blood tests done to rule out anything arthritic and they came back clear.

The dr suggested two weeks ago that it could be due to my anxiety and so put me on medication that acts as a muscle relaxant and the pains have calmed down a lot.

In the past few days I've gone back to work and realised I'm very anxious and I feel as though I'm sliding back to how I felt when my anxiety was really bad.

Has anybody else experienced pains like this? Maybe some kind of unconscious reaction to my anxiety getting worse without me realising?

needtogetwell
03-31-2014, 12:37 PM
Hi Riley,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm curious... Your symptoms seem to have gotten worse when you went back to work. Do you have a stressful job? Has anything made you upset at work?

Just trying to help you see some possible triggers.

Cheers, and again welcome!
Pam

Riley20
04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Hi,

thank you for the welcome!

My job isn't necessarily stressful but I do tend to have a packed schedule, I'm not very good at being at home and 'relaxing' as some people would call it! Time off seems to make me feel worse.

Thanks for your help