PDA

View Full Version : Clonazepam

David Michael
03-28-2014, 11:34 PM
Got a prescription during my first panic attack, how often should I take then I I want to prevent future attacks?

acetone
03-29-2014, 04:06 AM
Take as soon as you sense it coming.

Darkcloud
03-29-2014, 08:11 AM

Agreed because they take a little longer to kick in than some of the other benzos.

Dahila
03-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Well clonazepam takes at least an hour to kick in. I take it once a day 0.5 mg, my panic comes at evening, 8 o'clock is the time :)) Helps me sleep too. I love this benzo. I do not like ativan though I take when panic hits:)

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Well clonazepam takes at least an hour to kick in. I take it once a day 0.5 mg, my panic comes at evening, 8 o'clock is the time :)) Helps me sleep too. I love this benzo. I do not like ativan though I take when panic hits:)

My anxiety got so bad, especially when all of that happened with my son, they put me on 2mg three times a day. Just a month ago, I thought that was too high to stay on, and they lowered it to 1mg three times a day. I don't always have to take it three times a day, but it sure has helped me this past week, that's for sure. D

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 10:52 AM

Totally agree with acetone. I don't want to sound like a know it all. Anyone who knows me knows I'm nothing like that. But I know a little about it, due to taking it for a couple of years now. Just some good ole advice. Try and not ever take too much, if you're having a bad attack. I did this once when I first started taking it. I had a panic attack hit hard, and I got scared and took two of them. Which is wrong to do. I slept all day. Never did that again. It can be a lifesaver for sure, but take care with it. I sure do hope it helps you though, like so many others have said it helped them. Hopefully this will work wonders. I hate panic attacks. They're awful and unpleasant to get through. Glad you got some help. Take care, and have a great weekend. Dorrie

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 10:55 AM
Agreed because they take a little longer to kick in than some of the other benzos.

Darkcloud, I just wanted to comment on your roses. Loving them!! Beautiful!! Dorrie

Darkcloud
03-29-2014, 11:09 AM
Darkcloud, I just wanted to comment on your roses. Loving them!! Beautiful!! Dorrie

Thank you! They were a gift for my one year wedding anniversary :)

Dahila
03-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Red rose is love :)) Nice, congratulation.
Dorrie just try to lower it gradually. I usually do not take it on weekend, when the stress is minimal....

amers85
03-29-2014, 05:22 PM
I take mine everyday around noon, 0.5 but if I feel any more stressed or more paniky I will take another one if needed. Take it as soon as you feel one coming, just like everyone else has said :)

Perses
03-31-2014, 08:13 AM
All the posters have excellent advice. I take it daily (.5mg twice). However, I'd caution you against thinking that this pill will prevent future attacks. As in stop them cold. Best to say it helps mitigate the severity of attacks. I'm not sure what your dosage is. But, yeah, take the minimal amount. And, really, sometimes just knowing the pill is available can really help calm you down.

chrisdunn3
11-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Does it work better than Ativan? I have been on Ativan for a little over a week now and it doesn't help one bit.

Maxine
11-02-2014, 09:18 PM
Hi. I use clonazepam and I have had nothing but wonderful, effective, and consistent results. Besides, if the one you're on isn't helping at all what's the harm in trying. Just saying. But whatever choice you make, make it for yourself. You know what to do. Listen to your intuition.

sazco
11-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Hi. I use clonazepam and I have had nothing but wonderful, effective, and consistent results. Besides, if the one you're on isn't helping at all what's the harm in trying. Just saying. But whatever choice you make, make it for yourself. You know what to do. Listen to your intuition.

Same here, I've tried meds that have given me horrible results. But some like clonazapam has helped tremendously over the past few months. As far as the medicine prescribed goes it's literally all trial and error.

ashly1221
12-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Clonazepam worked like a charm for me when I used to get panic attacks. I was prescribed to take .5mg two times a day as needed, so I didn't take them regularly, only when I had a panic attack. I still have some that I keep in my purse - even though I haven't had a panic attack in years - just knowing I have them if needed keeps me at ease :) Everyone has different experiences with each medication, best of luck with this one !

Veritas
02-11-2015, 09:18 PM
I take fluoxetine anyone take that

Jmillhimes
02-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Wow! I just ended up going to er yesterday as I can't sleep! I am on anxiety meds right now taking citalpram half pills daily! I tried taking the full pill but i get terrible headaches! I sometimes get bad attacks at night and the doctor prescribed clonazepam .05 for at night when I need it ! I took it one time last night and got dizzy as hell but it helped

lisad
02-20-2015, 06:37 AM
I take 1/4 of a .5 twice a day some times 3 times. Perscribed to take .5 twice daily until my Latuda kicks in and to get me over this hump. I tried xanax first and did not like how it made me feel. Good one minute and crashing soon after. I do not do well on ssri's according to the test I had done my body metabolizes the medication to fast. I do although like wellbutrin but my Body metabolizes it to slowly so j can only take every other day.

ashly1221
03-04-2015, 02:47 PM
I take fluoxetine anyone take that

I take that too. 20mg daily. How is it working for you?

The Intolerable Kid
12-22-2015, 06:23 AM
For whatever reason, clonazepam never worked for me when I took it.

tmex
04-16-2016, 12:50 PM
if it comes often then you should take it everyday

Dahila
04-16-2016, 04:11 PM
Works for me for the last 5 years when I remember to take it, sometimes I forget:) Guys do not scare anyone in taking meds and do not pressure on anyone to take them. It is very personal decision and should be made with agreement with doc, not other way.
Most of side effects weening off the benzos are unfortunately in people heads only. I quit so many meds in my life 90% of them benzos and always cold turkey. Antidepressants are different story , .......

sazco
05-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Got a prescription during my first panic attack, how often should I take then I I want to prevent future attacks?
When does it say to take it on your prescription bottle? If you take it before a stressful situation I think you'll be alright. :D

Dahila
05-21-2016, 03:37 PM
You can take clonazepam up to three times in 24 hours. Just remember that this pill works like 8-12 hours , this is why is not addictive as xanax , long life :) I take it once a day, and if needed twice

dpoole2424
06-01-2016, 04:33 PM
you can take Klonipin in the am and Lorazapam at night if needed

Large
06-13-2016, 02:06 PM
I have a prescription for Clonazepam, and when I take one I get sleepy and will take a nap for an hour or so. Is this normal? I do feel a lot better after I wake up though.

-Red

Dahila
06-13-2016, 06:53 PM
it means that it relaxes you. I would take a half of the dose just to take edge off:)
is better to take clonazepam twice a day than Lorazepam aka Ativan which have a short life (4 h) and is awfully addictive