PDA

View Full Version : Natural Supplement Thread. HELP!!

ab123
03-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, as you all know I was diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. Long story short, all of the things your body does without you thinking about it.. digestion, heart rate, blood pressure, breathing. Is out of whack with me. This has probably contributed to my anxiety issues over the years. I still have the anxiety..but that's a whole other story. I am looking for help with natural supplements to support my body. Things that normalize blood pressure, heart rate...good for digestion. I am going to try working out.. EVEN THOUGH I STILL CANT GET OUT OF BED. I am bed bound, and wheelchair bound at them moment. otherwise my heart rate goes so high I black out. (great recipe for someone with panic disorder) I can barely sit up for a few minutes at a time. From what I read those things ease up over time.. I HOPE. and I still have some hope that my nervous system can repair itself..with the right tools. if you have any knowledge.. PLEASE HELP

peace at heart
03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
Organic honey mixed with organic cinamion reduces blood pressure naturally

ab123
03-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh I'm sorry I should mention I need to raise my bp.

peace at heart
03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Well that won't work. Sorry.

Dorriekeepson23
03-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Hey, ab123, Dorrie here. First I want to say how sorry I am you are having to deal with this. I don't have any experience personally, but have a friend with the same disorder. She's right in the middle of trying to find a good doctor willing to help her, and take this serious. But I couldn't read this, and not respond and tell you how sad this makes me feel for you. You are an awesome young lady, and you have been so strong!!! You've overcome a lot, and you must tell yourself, and believe you can get through this too. Faith is bigger than Fear. I think that anyways. Everyone is different. And that's okay too. We're supposed to be different. How boring would it be if we were all the same. Lol. Really!! Just trying to put a little smile on your face. I'm going through some very difficult stuff myself. Having involuntary body jerking in different places when I'm sleeping, or trying too, at night. I'll just about be asleep, and my hip and thigh will just jerk. Or my shoulder. Hands, feet, etc... I know it's waking the hubby up. I can't help it. I just detoxed off of narcotic pain meds, and it just started happening. Very strange. I know my friend with the same disorder as you, said she has this too. In her face. Her mouth and jaw mostly. Some other parts of her body too. Do you have any of this happening with you. Uncontrollable body movements (jerking)? Just curious. You will be in my thoughts and prayers though. I know it's tough on people. Hang in there, hon. Thinking of you, Dorrie

ab123
03-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Thank you dorrie! I appreciate that. Faith Is bigger than fear! I truly Beleive that. I'm sorry to hear that you are also going through a tough time. It sure is awful isn't it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for making me smile:)

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Thank you dorrie! I appreciate that. Faith Is bigger than fear! I truly Beleive that. I'm sorry to hear that you are also going through a tough time. It sure is awful isn't it. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for making me smile:)

Hey girl, I'm so glad I could make you smile. That always helps me when I need it. I hope you are having the best Saturday as possible. Try to keep that pretty chin up, and never stop pushing yourself to get better. Don't push too hard. I don't want you hurt worse. But I do so want you to get better. I'm glad you're here with us. We need you, just like you need us. A pretty good gang all in all here isnt it?? Chat at you later. D.

jessed03
03-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Probiotics are a bit of a superfood. You can make them or buy them.

Shown to be beneficial when recovering from food allergies and intolerances, and even helping with mental health stuff like anxiety :)

Are your other drugs doing anything for you yet?

ab123
03-29-2014, 07:05 PM
Only drugs that help is ativan or xanax...... Lol I bought some juice that is no soy no dairy organic non gmo. That is probiotic. I'm going to try that. And so far...today I feel okay.

needtogetwell
03-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Hey Ab,
Found this thought it might interest you

http://www.naturalnews.com/032763_POTS_natural_remedies.html

Just starting to learn more about POTS so I can really understand what's going on with you. When I find anything interesting I will post it here for you!

Hang in there girl.
Miss you!
Pam

NixonRulz
03-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Only drugs that help is ativan or xanax...... Lol I bought some juice that is no soy no dairy organic non gmo. That is probiotic. I'm going to try that. And so far...today I feel okay.

Just curious, Alaina

With your new diet, is there food you like included ?

needtogetwell
03-29-2014, 07:48 PM
http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Postural-Orthostatic-Tachycardia-Syndrome/1355356

Another interesting read for you Alaina. Food for thought.

:)

needtogetwell
03-29-2014, 08:04 PM
http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Postural-Orthostatic-Tachycardia-Syndrome/1355356 Another interesting read for you Alaina. Food for thought. :)

Another one.
http://m.newsroom.heart.org/news/1356

ab123
03-30-2014, 12:45 AM
Thank you Pam, that is so sweet of you really, thank you so much. I will read that! !

ab123
03-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Just curious, Alaina

With your new diet, is there food you like included ?

Um, not really. Flavorless and funless. I had some bbq sauce that had none of my allergens it. Blood pressure spike and fast heart rate. :/ darn body. Just want some flavors. Lol