PDA

View Full Version : Dentist

amers85
03-28-2014, 10:18 AM
I have a dentist appointment coming up, I go twice a year for cleanings. It's been about 10 months now since I've gone because I HATE the dentist. Does anyone else have a fear of the dentist? I hate having someone's hands and fingers in my mouth and all the drilling noise, ugh :/

amers85
03-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes, I think it's a common fear for most people, never have I met someone that actually enjoys the dentist. I'll have to look up that thread :)

Thanks!

staceatarian
03-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Nobody likes the poor dentist.... Actually my dad is good friends with my dentist which makes it a little easier. Seriously though, get a sonicare toothbrush. They're around $100, but work great and that means a lot less time in the chair. Brush and floss well and they'll have you in and out in no time. I think my last visit onlt took 20 minutes total. If you are really having a bad time see if they'll.prescribe you a benzo for before appointments. I'm pretty sure dentists see quite a few people who have major dentist anxiety. I think there's even a practice in my area called sedation dentistry just for all the people who have a hard time. There may be something like that in your area.

Dragons
03-28-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm always anxious about going to the dentist, too. I think it's partly because my teeth have always been pretty bad and I've had to get fillings, teeth pulled, etc. which are not very pleasant experiences. I went to the dentist the other day and it turns out I have an infected wisdom tooth which needs to be removed soon ... bleh. Not looking forward to that. But anyway, you're definitely not alone! I know a lot of people who fear going to the dentist.