PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain variations!!?!

idk2012ftw
03-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Ive been getting chest pains lately . like 6 days ago my upper back started to hurt really bad and I got palpitations throughout the day which made me panic that I was gonna gave a heart attack. then days went on and the back pain had gone but I would get palpitations a lot. then again I got the upper back pain with chest pain and palpitations and I just don't know if this is all due to anxiety. and I get a weird feeling on the very left side of my rib under my breast its. the pain is like the size of a dot if that makes any sense. Does anyone suffer these symptoms and know that these are for sure related to anxiety or if they seem a bit odd and seem to be related to something else?

ab123
03-27-2014, 07:19 PM
Check your potassium, but it sounds anxiety related. Take an epsom salt bath, the magnesium is good to calm your heart and the bath good for the anxiety. I had palps all day once. Went to doc and had low potassium. Other than that, it's not a heart attack symptom.

nikki_marie21
03-27-2014, 07:52 PM
I have had pretty much the same symptoms before but after many tests, mine were all chalked up to anxiety ..

samanthaistired
03-27-2014, 08:49 PM
I agree with the above commentors. I've gone three separate times to the doctor for very similar symptom. Once was low potassium, once was anxiety, and the most recent time was a combo of both.

So if you thinking it might be potassium related then coconut water is a great source of quick potassium. As well as spinach, avocados, Orange juice, apple juice, juice blends, etc. I usually go to the Naked Juices and look at the potassium on the nutrition label and get the one with the highest concentration of potassium.
Best of luck!! You got this. I know how scary it can be. But you are strong. And if you want to go get it checked out, no harm in that either. :)