PDA

View Full Version : acid reflux tips

ab123
03-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Ugh, suffering big time tonight. Chest pain stomach burning. Tried malox, rolaids. Chammomile tea, apple cider vineager. Tips??

Fen667
03-27-2014, 02:13 AM
I get that so badly too. The only thing that works for me is Zantac.....sometimes
Have you tried charcoal tablets?

JLBnole68
03-27-2014, 02:22 AM
A teaspoon of baking soda mixed in 8 oz of cold water. It doesn't taste very good, but it will neutralize stomach acid. Alka Seltzer tablets usually help me as well.

JLBnole68
03-27-2014, 02:24 AM
If you don't take omeprazole or lansoprasole, I'd suggest either of those. Both are over-the-counter and work really well at controlling frequent acid reflux. They take a few days to work.

Dahila
03-27-2014, 07:29 AM
I am on Tecta wonderful med, but it is on prescription and quiet expensive.
Home remedies would be a few almonds a day, home made Kefir, even a glass of milk can neutrize the acid.

brittany32888
03-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Ugh, suffering big time tonight. Chest pain stomach burning. Tried malox, rolaids. Chammomile tea, apple cider vineager. Tips??

I used to have severe acid reflux, took prevacid for a while. But had a friend who was a chemist and believed in homeopathic remedies. He told me that acid reflux is caused by issues with digestion and that most otc and prescription meds reduced acid, which is actually counterproductive because you need that acid to digest food, you just want it to stay where it's supposed to. He recommended Digestabs by Puritan's Pride. You take it before every meal and it does work. I actually no longer have acid reflux.