PDA

View Full Version : Big Meds Question. Help appreciated.

Srm1135
03-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Giving up on Lexapro after 3 months of it not working. Doctor mentioned Effexor, Celexa, and Lithium along with the Lamictal I'm taking. I'm leaning towards Lithium, I've tried Effexor (I think) and got no results. Anyone with severe anxiety on Lithium? If so how is it.

NixonRulz
03-26-2014, 04:34 PM
Giving up on Lexapro after 3 months of it not working. Doctor mentioned Effexor, Celexa, and Lithium along with the Lamictal I'm taking. I'm leaning towards Lithium, I've tried Effexor (I think) and got no results. Anyone with severe anxiety on Lithium? If so how is it.

What are you diagnosed with that makes you want to use lithium

Thought that was for bipolar

Never seen anyone with anxiety take it by maybe there are that I'm not aware of

Srm1135
03-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Suffer from severe anxiety. That's why I was surprised when he brought it up.

needtogetwell
03-26-2014, 06:22 PM
I haven't seen Lithium.

Wondering if a beta blocker is an option for you? Maybe you could ask your doc. That is one of the meds my mother-in-law has been prescribed (along with Celexa) for a severe anxiety condition.

She got herself addicted to Benzos and the withdrawl was brutal. This combination with some seraquil at nigh seem to keep the condition quite well under control.

Good luck. Sorry the Effexor wasn't good for you. How long were you on it? That particular med takes a bit longer to see benefits but when you do they are very good.

Good luck, let us know how you are doing!
Pam

NixonRulz
03-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Effexor was the only thing that worked great for me

Fixed me up in no time

Just be cautious and ask questions about Lithium

Srm1135
03-26-2014, 08:23 PM
I'll be trying out the Effexor. Don't know if I was on it before or not but worth a try. Thanks.

NixonRulz
03-26-2014, 08:37 PM
I'll be trying out the Effexor. Don't know if I was on it before or not but worth a try. Thanks.

We can high five to Effexor when you feel great

Be well, man

Srm1135
03-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys. All replies appreciated.