PDA

View Full Version : panic attack happening now...

rusticnrg
03-26-2014, 04:15 PM
I have been sending myself into panic all day. Now sure why. Racimg heart, shaky and nausea. Freakin out and need to figure out the cause. I think it may be because everyone is sick around me and I'm afraid I'm going to get it too. Also, my husband just lost his uncle and his cousin this week to cancer. They say it always comes in threes and I keep feeling like I'm going to be the third. I've been having stomach issues lately and I have to get an endoscopy done next Wednesday. I feel that I'm going to get put to sleep and not wake up. I have never been put to sleep before and this is frightening me so much but I've cancel the appointment twice already. Somebody have any advice

NixonRulz
03-26-2014, 04:22 PM
If you have a benzo, take that to start so you calm down

Once you calm down you will see that's these fears are all irrational thoughts caused by anxiety

rusticnrg
03-26-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't have any right now. I am breathing and starting to calm down. But afraid its going to start back again.

NixonRulz
03-26-2014, 04:36 PM
I don't have any right now. I am breathing and starting to calm down. But afraid its going to start back again.

That's why it starts again. When you are afraid

You have been panicking all day and nothing has happened but you feel bad

So stop fearing something that can't hurt you.

Stop fearing them and they will stop for good

rusticnrg
03-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Thank you nixon and frankie... for responding. I am calmimg down but feel drained as usual. the issue latley is that even when I am not in panic I am still fearing these things. I don't know how I became so weak and frightened all the time about any little feeling in my body. This is the girl who was wide awake getting her wisdom teeth pulled and had two natural childbirths... What happened to me? Where did I go? I want that person back. I have a psych appointment next week hoping to get some help. I'm currently not on any meds and I'm not sure where to even start with meds. I'm just hoping that it is possible for me to feel normal again

rusticnrg
03-26-2014, 05:08 PM
I hope you're right , in fact I know your right but its hard to believe that right now.
I actually have been in and out of the docs since November . I have seen a GI doctor, my GP, and been in the ER 5 times. All tests have come back clear so far except that I have a sinus issue which causes the dizziness and headaches. And I have GERD, but I've had that all my life. So throughout all this I've come to realize that its mainly my anxiety control most of my physical symptoms right now and thats makes my anxiety even worse knowing that it is anxiety. Does that make sense? Hope I'm not bothering you guys, I've never had anybody to talk to about this that's nice have this board here.
So many times I've heard its just your anxiety, can't you just make it stop. Or that is silly thoughts just don't think them. I don't think people realize it's not that easy.

rusticnrg
03-26-2014, 08:31 PM
I googled the errors and I must say, I do most of them. I printed them and I am going to stick them to my desk so that I may read them everyday. What a great idea. Thank you so much! You and Nixon helps loads earlier.

needtogetwell
03-27-2014, 04:39 AM
Hi rustic,

Just wanted to say hi!

Frankie and Nixon are both fantastic and very wise. You are in great hands.

They have both offered you some great suggestions, I don't think I could add anything helpful.

I just wanted to welcome you and remind you to read lots of threads, & post any questions you have. You never know where a good suggestion will come from that makes sense to you.

Cheers!
Pam. :)

Dahila
03-27-2014, 07:23 AM
I feel sorry for you rusticnrg , and welcome to the forum.
You need to do some relaxation, it helps. I surprised that having panic attack people post. When I get one I wanted to hide myself somewhere, noone can see me....
A lot of people mix panic attack with being highly anxious
Walk in the woods, oxygen , oxygen helps too