PDA

View Full Version : favorite tv shows/movies from your childhood

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 08:09 PM
I have found that watching things that remind me of my childhood, happy times, bring much comfort. So I have made it an obsession to track down every movie that I've enjoyed as a child and buying them.

A few of my favorites are:
The Little Mermaid(and basically anything Disney 90's and before)
Doug :)
The Princess Bride
Star Wars(all 6)
Gone With The Wind....
And many others

Anyone care to share theirs?

Does it also take you to a happy place and help you get through hard days like me?

NixonRulz
03-25-2014, 08:46 PM
The wizard of oz. A classic

Anything Charlie Brown

Scooby doo

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 09:11 PM
The wizard of oz. A classic

Anything Charlie Brown

Scooby doo

Good choices, I also love all of those. I make my family watch every Peanuts holiday movie with me. Trying to make a tradition out of it, but I think everyone just gets annoyed. Oh well. Lol.

jessed03
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
I bought my mum the Peanuts box set two years ago, spent ages looking for it, had to pay quite a lot to get it as they never had it anywhere locally to me. She still hasn't taken it out of the wrapper.

Every year since she's gotten gift vouchers for her birthday.

Anyway, I think I used to watch Johnny Bravo as a kid. Scooby doo too, and I used to go round my Aunts house where she had satellite tv so I could watch Tom and Jerry

NeverToo...Fear
03-26-2014, 07:36 AM
I was obsessed with a show called, Madeline. That was my most favorite show as a child. I remember singing the intro song at the top of my lungs. My Grandpa knew how much I loved it, he even bought me a book all about Madeline. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj2XOhC1YlM

Other shows I loved as a kid were Arthur, Chip N' Dale Rescue Rangers, Winnie The Pooh, definitely the 90s Disney movies like Lion King, Mulan, Little Mermaid, Jungle Book.. and a movie called Fern Gully..

Ah, nostalgia.... :)

NeverToo...Fear
03-26-2014, 08:28 AM
^ Hi Frankie :) Oh, yeah, I forgot they made a sequel to Fern Gully. And yes, the old VHS tapes! That's what my parents would buy. Got a whole collection.. and I think they enjoyed watching it with us too.. ofc, after 100 or so times, I'm not so sure, lol.. at least they got their money's worth though, right? ;)

Darkcloud
03-26-2014, 08:39 AM
I used to love anything from nickelodeon pretty much, but my favorite was Are You Afraid of the Dark, Doug and All That. I loved Boy Meets World, which I still watch. Some of my favorite movies were Drop Dead Fred, Matilida and The Lion King. Sometimes watching these things make me feel nostalgic and sometimes they. Ale me feel sad. I was the happiest as a kid, so it makes me sad to think how much I've changed.

amers85
03-26-2014, 08:55 AM
I love Full House, Growing Pains, Wonder Years, Boy meets World, Roseanne, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Tales from the Crypt, Rugrats, Garfield, I could go on and on and on haha. I still watch most of the ones I listed. I loved Fridays as a kid when it was TGIF and they had all the awesome shows on starting at 8:00.

brittany32888
03-26-2014, 12:42 PM
My goodness. I love almost everything listed. I also loved fern gully. And the last unicorn was one of my favorites. Ren and stimpy. Nickelodeon used to be so amazing wth happened to TV? :( and I forgot to mention with Star Wars the 2 Ewok adventures movies. Also equally amazing.

brittany32888
03-26-2014, 12:46 PM
I used to love anything from nickelodeon pretty much, but my favorite was Are You Afraid of the Dark, Doug and All That. I loved Boy Meets World, which I still watch. Some of my favorite movies were Drop Dead Fred, Matilida and The Lion King. Sometimes watching these things make me feel nostalgic and sometimes they. Ale me feel sad. I was the happiest as a kid, so it makes me sad to think how much I've changed.
Drop Dead Fred is awesome, I finally sat down and had my family watch that with me a few months ago.

I know what you mean about chAnging, I miss so much being a naive child, not a care in the world. It's sad that we ever have to grow up. :(

Zena
04-20-2014, 02:04 AM
When I was younger, I loved watching Arthur, The Teletubbies, Zoom, Maggie and the Ferocious Beast, The Wiggles, Peanuts, Hey Arnold!, Doug, Rugrats, Little Bill, Recess, Rocket Power, Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, The Ren and Stimpy Show, CatDog, Rocko's Modern Life, etc. In terms of movies, I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Matilda, The Rugrats Movie, Jumanji, The Wiz, etc. Man, this is taking me back. Watching shows/movies I liked as a child does take me to a happy place because I was happiest as a little kid. Everything was so simple and carefree back then...*nostalgic sigh*

petrified
04-30-2014, 03:59 PM
So many memories on your lists :-)

For me I loved the Raggy dolls, poddington peas, sister sister, saved by the bell, the queens nose, byker grove and when I was really young apparently fireman Sam was my all time favourite haha :-)

EmetSoph
05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
ELMO<3 I loved elmo! :D

ChildofGod
05-02-2014, 04:24 PM
I really like Davy and Goliath and Nanny and Isaiah.

MaxX ROFL
06-05-2014, 09:18 PM
im 14 buuutttt........
tv shows R: full house, friends, spongebob, Ridiculousness,
movies R: (my fav.) Dragonheart..... come 2 think of it thats the ONLY movie i like

ascaredteen
06-09-2014, 09:09 PM
A few of my favorites were Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold, Legends of the Hidden Temple, and Tailspin. Gotta love the 90s.

Weyoun
07-27-2014, 06:40 PM
I used to like ABC's T.G.I.F lineup on Friday nights. I think it was Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, and another show that I can't think of right now. During the week, it was all about the Super Mario Brothers show. :)

As I got older, I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and then Deep Space Nine. While I liked the shows, I never dressed up, went to a convention, or anything like that. All of my friends thought Star Trek was lame, so I never mentioned that I watched either show. I was a closet Trekkie I guess you could say.

As far as movies though, I would have to say Willow was one of my favorite movies growing up. I know that it didn't do too well in the box office, but I loved it. To this day, I'd still like to meet Warwick Davis and get his autograph.

Canna87
08-01-2014, 02:25 PM
I don't watch any new shows. My tv is just a stream of YouTube videos, basically most that were mentioned. Nickelodeon toons from the 90's and old sitcoms

brittany32888
08-11-2014, 02:08 AM
I used to like ABC's T.G.I.F lineup on Friday nights. I think it was Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, and another show that I can't think of right now. During the week, it was all about the Super Mario Brothers show. :)

As I got older, I started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation and then Deep Space Nine. While I liked the shows, I never dressed up, went to a convention, or anything like that. All of my friends thought Star Trek was lame, so I never mentioned that I watched either show. I was a closet Trekkie I guess you could say.

As far as movies though, I would have to say Willow was one of my favorite movies growing up. I know that it didn't do too well in the box office, but I loved it. To this day, I'd still like to meet Warwick Davis and get his autograph.

I love star trek... totally unpopular then and now( don't know why)
But willow... One of my absolute favorites. I actually have a funny story about that movie. When I was younger we had it on vhs, and because they were always crap, it actually lost the sound completely. So as a young child, I would watch that whole movie without sound. Kinda weird actually... but Warwick is a genius, and in all my favorite movies (star wars, Harry Potter, etc.)

:)

melissa90
10-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Drop Dead Fred is awesome, I finally sat down and had my family watch that with me a few months ago.

I know what you mean about chAnging, I miss so much being a naive child, not a care in the world. It's sad that we ever have to grow up. :(

I know, I remember thinking when I was a kid "I wish I was a grown up" --- what was I thinking.
I still love disney movies though 8-)

brittany32888
10-09-2014, 01:29 AM
I know, I remember thinking when I was a kid "I wish I was a grown up" --- what was I thinking.
I still love disney movies though 8-)

Yeah, I've been known to be somewhat obsessed with Disney movies... they give me the warm and fuzzies :)

1Bluerose68
10-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Tv Shows: Flipper, Different Strokes, Chips, Dallas, The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls,3's Company, Mork n Mindy, Happy Days, Chiller Diller(Dialing for Dollars), Shirley Temple(most of them). The Simpson's, Beavus and Butt Head, Bob's Burgers, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, House(where is House TV---My autistic bro is having a conniption over No House on TV anymore---please bring House back on TV..., Red Band Society, Crim Minds,thatz about it for TV.

Movies: Flash Dance, Bounce, River Dance, The Michael jackson Story, Anastasia(The Cartoon Movies), The Lion King, can't think of too many movies. After The Colorado scare I Never went to the Theatre Again.....I love shopping for DVD's @ Wal-Mart for $5-10.00 and watching, privatly at home all the movies that I never saw, w/ a big bowl of popcorn and the remote to freeze it whenever I want to......

brittany32888
10-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Tv Shows: Flipper, Different Strokes, Chips, Dallas, The Facts of Life, The Golden Girls,3's Company, Mork n Mindy, Happy Days, Chiller Diller(Dialing for Dollars), Shirley Temple(most of them). The Simpson's, Beavus and Butt Head, Bob's Burgers, Modern Family, Grey's Anatomy, House(where is House TV---My autistic bro is having a conniption over No House on TV anymore---please bring House back on TV..., Red Band Society, Crim Minds,thatz about it for TV.

Movies: Flash Dance, Bounce, River Dance, The Michael jackson Story, Anastasia(The Cartoon Movies), The Lion King, can't think of too many movies. After The Colorado scare I Never went to the Theatre Again.....I love shopping for DVD's @ Wal-Mart for $5-10.00 and watching, privatly at home all the movies that I never saw, w/ a big bowl of popcorn and the remote to freeze it whenever I want to......

I enjoy the theatre occasionally, I live in a small town and our theatre isn't much bigger than my house, so I typically don't worry about crime.

But there's not a whole lot that I enjoy more than a good movie in the comfort of my own home with buttery popcorn or pie. ;)

JB478
02-22-2015, 09:47 PM
It was Tom and Jerry, until now. haha

ALoneAndEmpty
02-22-2015, 10:05 PM
definitely The looney tunes show.

Surfside
02-26-2015, 07:03 AM
Three's Company - Gawd I'm showing my age LOL

jessed03
02-27-2015, 03:58 AM
If you know who these guys are, you had a great childhood

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140728200127/degrassi/images/8/88/Recess-tvshow.jpg