PDA

View Full Version : Music that helps me through

Irishguy
03-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Not sure if there is a similar thread on this. I didn't really look to be honest!

Could be a nice idea for people to post songs that help them through the bad times.

This one was only recently introduced to me, it was played at my aunt's funeral earlier this year, so it was an emotional occasion, but it's really beautiful and I find it really helpful.

Ok so it turns out I have to have 25 posts to post links on here!! :) You'll have to do the work for me everyone. The song is 'Anthem' by Leonard Cohen. I'm sure it's not an obscure song and many of you will have heard of it. Worth a listen though!

Hopefully others might contribute with their own :)

Dumb rule that is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e39UmEnqY8&feature=kp

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 02:54 PM
I'll have to go listen to yours!!

Mine right now is Invisible by Hunter Hayes.. It's a song about bullying but some of the lines remind me of my situation right now.. Like, "one day you'll look back & all this pain will be invisible.."

That's my song of choice when I'm having a rough time :)

amers85
03-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Sara barelis (sp?) Brave I love this song right now. It helps me :)

ashy
03-25-2014, 04:00 PM
I don't know if any of you speak Spanish, but I love the song irreparable by jencarlos Canela :)

Irishguy
03-25-2014, 04:05 PM
This is great stuff guys. Love all the songs posted so far. Brave was also one that helped me in recent times.

And thank you forwells for posting the link to my song! :)

Music is so powerful, it can help us all!

I am not religious myself, but I would never judge anyone for their own beliefs, particularly if it brings them peace. That being said, 'I can only imagine' by Mercy me is very uplifting.

windsoc
03-25-2014, 04:51 PM
I have different music for when my mood alters and I need something to help me, here are some bands I will listen to depending on my mood:

Very angry - Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Static X, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom
Not happy but not unhappy - Less than Jake, Mad Caddies, American Hi-Fi, New Found Glory, The Offspring
Unhappy - Len Marlin, Barenaked Ladies, Old 97's, Jewel, Paula Cole

I have also been building a list of classical music on my spotify account called "relax", it seems to do the trick to focus my mind.

forgiveandforget1995
03-25-2014, 05:04 PM
I have different music for when my mood alters and I need something to help me, here are some bands I will listen to depending on my mood:

Very angry - Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Static X, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom
Not happy but not unhappy - Less than Jake, Mad Caddies, American Hi-Fi, New Found Glory, The Offspring
Unhappy - Len Marlin, Barenaked Ladies, Old 97's, Jewel, Paula Cole

I have also been building a list of classical music on my spotify account called "relax", it seems to do the trick to focus my mind.

Same here, bands that make me feel sad sometimes are bands like Radiohead, Nirvana, Alice In Chains etc (Great bands though)

Bands that make me feel angry or give me an adrenaline rush are bands like Slipknot, Megadeth, Judas priest, Black Sabbath etc

Bands that make me feel Happier are bands like The Beatles, Oasis, etc

windsoc
03-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Same here, bands that make me feel sad sometimes are bands like Radiohead, Nirvana, Alice In Chains etc (Great bands though)

Bands that make me feel angry or give me an adrenaline rush are bands like Slipknot, Megadeth, Judas priest, Black Sabbath etc

Bands that make me feel Happier are bands like The Beatles, Oasis, etc

I am unsure if a "rep" system works here and I do not have access it yet as I have not posted that much so far but rep for all of these bands, you have good taste in music!

forgiveandforget1995
03-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I am unsure if a "rep" system works here and I do not have access it yet as I have not posted that much so far but rep for all of these bands, you have good taste in music!

Thanks bro! :)

ashy
03-29-2014, 10:35 AM
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM)
I love this song!! It makes me so happy haha!

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Carrie Underwood Jesus take the wheel

This helped me so much with the driving.

I amd far from churchy but do believe in a higher cause .

And I'm so glad you got that needed help forwells. A big thumbs up for you. D.

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 11:09 AM
My favorite song is "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas. I still get all emotional when I hear it. Theres a part of the lyrics that says "these little wonders...these twists and turns of fate. our lives are made, of these small hours, these little wonders will remain." It helped me to not take one moment of the memories I make with kids for granted. They're little wonders to me. D.

Dorriekeepson23
03-29-2014, 11:28 AM
http://youtu.be/rSLsUS29UiM

frankie, I just listened to this... and I just cried. This is an awesome song. That would help so many people. It did me. Thanks for sharing it. D.