PDA

View Full Version : Boss just called me..

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 01:58 PM
So while I've been trying meds & going through this latest anxiety battle, my boss has been super supportive about me taking time off & coming back once I'm ready..

I've had a Drs note for the whole time but she just called & asked me to bring in another because the date is up on my last note.. She doesn't think I'm ready to come back & I don't either..

I can't even stay the night in my own home, how am I gonna get through work? & drive myself there & home ALONE?

I'm fine with taking more time off to get better.. But then of course I'm like, well what if the way I feel now is how I'll feel in two weeks?

Will this afraid feeling ever go away?? I mean, I'm a lot better than I was before I started the Paxil 3 weeks ago, but I don't feel 100%..

Ugh BLAHHHH.

Sorry guys, you know how I am!! Lol :(

& also, I think about how I'm only 21 & all this is happening to me. I'm so over life right now.. How am I gonna get through my whole life feeling this way?? My fear now is, I'll never feel normal..

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Ms Brooke . Control those what if thoughts. Positive ones .This is just a bump , everything changes , i have control of this , i just need to give it time . What is going to happen is that one day soon your med is going to kick in and all this crap will just fade away. I had many of these thoughts you are having . When i started the st johns that worked they just stopped . There was no thoughts at all i simply went and did what i had to do . Give it some time and all will change . Oh and remember there is no normal other than the dial on the washing machine . :)

You're right..

So that's how it'll happen? I was wondering about that.. I can't wait to wake up one day & not immediately worry..

Lol!! True!!

Thanks friend :) I needed to hear this!!

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
If the drugs work as they should you will not even notice it . They are not working as the shouldn't so this is a good sign . Most of the times it will be someone else that comments . Like your mum will go " you seem happier " and you will go "yer , i never noticed " :) It is really strange because you are now so focus on the way you feel and you cant work out how you missed it . But it happens the brain just stops caring an goes back to its normal junk .

That sounds awesome!! Lol I can't wait for that to happen!! :)

I'll patiently wait though :) lol!

anxietycat
03-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Brooke I am in a similar situation - I feel like I'm slowly getting better. Psych and fam/friends say they see a difference. I don't really see a significant difference. I think slow and steady wins the race and we're just impatient.

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 02:48 PM
Brooke I am in a similar situation - I feel like I'm slowly getting better. Psych and fam/friends say they see a difference. I don't really see a significant difference. I think slow and steady wins the race and we're just impatient.

Same here! My dad's like, well she seems better so she can go back to work now & do all this. & I'm like um noooo! Lol

But yea you're right..

I'm glad I'm not alone.

needtogetwell
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
Brooke,

I see the changes every day! If I see them those closest to you must see the improvement!

Yes you have a way to go yet, but you are definitely closer than you were 2 weeks ago.

One day the light will burn brightly in your mind and you will realize that you are in the new place you are meant to be! Don't look back at what normal was, look forward to what it will be!
The old normal got you where you don't want to be anymore.

Hang in there Bella.
Your one step closer every day!
Cheers!
Pam

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Brooke, I see the changes every day! If I see them those closest to you must see the improvement! Yes you have a way to go yet, but you are definitely closer than you were 2 weeks ago. One day the light will burn brightly in your mind and you will realize that you are in the new place you are meant to be! Don't look back at what normal was, look forward to what it will be! The old normal got you where you don't want to be anymore. Hang in there Bella. Your one step closer every day! Cheers! Pam

Thank you friend!! :)
Hope you're having a good day!

needtogetwell
03-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Thank you friend!! :) Hope you're having a good day!

Thanks for asking! Had a really good day. Husband works this evening and son is with my ex, great time to loaf on the couch and indulge in hour after hour of Gossip Girl ! Lol

:D

BrookeLynnnn
03-25-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks for asking! Had a really good day. Husband works this evening and son is with my ex, great time to loaf on the couch and indulge in hour after hour of Gossip Girl ! Lol :D

OMG! I love gossip girl!!! Lol great pick :)