PDA

View Full Version : Depressed once again!

morrisjer
11-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am a sufferer of depression and anxiety. I had a major breakdown in 2003. I am 51 years old and male, and I believe it may have had something to do with the change of life, although I had been under stress anyhow. I began taking Paxil for a couple of years, then switched to Effexor (it doesn't have quite as much sexual side effects).
I had been doing good until this Fall. It seems Fall of the year is a bad season for me anyhow. I started feeling anxiety and depression again, so I went up from 75mg. to 150mg. on the Effexor. It has been around two weeks now. In the mornings I feel nervous and a kind of panic that stays with me until night (for some reason).
I may have to "up" on my medication. It does slow me down sexually and that is confusing and depressing also. I think about religious things that bother me like I am not good enough or something. I do go to church and have been saved and baptized. I am gay, and I go to a Church that doesn't approve of the gay lifestyle. This of course bothers me, even though everyone there is wonderful and supportive (they don't know about me). I am not heavy in the gay life but do know a few individuals I see often.
I feel as if I was born this way and cannot change. This may be part of my problem although there could be chemical things in my brain that needs medication. One can worry more about small things when depressed, and not hardly at all when one is not depressed. I do not know why I am having trouble again, but I have always found that God has been strength in my life. I just wish I could be well again and strong.

Jerry

brickyard_red
11-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Hi Morrisjer and Welcome! I'm glad you found this forum. There are many people here who experience the same problems with depression and anxiety that you do and I'm sure you will find several that you can talk to. Also, you don't have to worry about posting anything because this is a very caring and supportive forum. I'm really glad that you are here. :)

Cath :)

morrisjer
11-21-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks Cath!
We all need support during our dark periods. Did anyone ever hear of the "light" that one can use in winter that is suppose to help depression? I see it listed on Ebay, etc. I wonder how good it is.

Morrisjer