PDA

View Full Version : $30 mil for PTSD research for veterans!

bittersweetgirl
03-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Not sure if this is off-topic... but I think anything that helps to end the stigma of mental illness/PTSD benefits all of us (my anxiety is PTSD-related). Starbucks CEO is donating $30 million for PTSD and brain injury research for veterans!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/21/starbucks-ceo-donates-30-_n_5008950.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

bittersweetgirl
03-24-2014, 08:01 PM
ya , glad some one is .

Maybe these multi billion dollar meds companies should think of giving something back :mad:

No kidding!! Wouldn't that be nice...

jessed03
03-24-2014, 08:04 PM
ya , glad some one is .

Maybe these multi billion dollar meds companies should think of giving something back :mad:

But God forbid they actually find an effective way of treating anxiety ;)

jessed03
03-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Yes , Hey jess did i tell you i am the monster troll now .

She now thinks i am you :) ROFLMAO

Haha no way??

How do you know, I thought she was banned.

That's hilarious!

brittany32888
03-24-2014, 09:02 PM
I always thought Starbucks wouldn't do anything for Vets because they didn't support the war??

bittersweetgirl
03-24-2014, 09:24 PM
I always thought Starbucks wouldn't do anything for Vets because they didn't support the war??

The CEO said something about how we're good at sending people to war, but not so good about helping them when they come back... So it's a bit political, but PTSD is a major issue for these vets, and from what I've heard - it isn't being adequately addressed at the moment, due to lack of resources.

brittany32888
03-25-2014, 03:50 PM
The CEO said something about how we're good at sending people to war, but not so good about helping them when they come back... So it's a bit political, but PTSD is a major issue for these vets, and from what I've heard - it isn't being adequately addressed at the moment, due to lack of resources.
Yes I have a cousin who suffers from PTSD and he's under 30. It's horrible. So frustrating.

AliasEQ
03-25-2014, 04:54 PM
she had my email for something i sent her .

The first email she abused me , then come back and said "oh i get it , your the troll , you have had this all worked out "

LOL

We all know. Jesse=forwells... it's making so much sense right now... wait it isn't lol!