PDA

View Full Version : Weird thoughts while trying to fall asleep?

Mjd
03-24-2014, 02:54 PM
On a night time while I am trying to fall asleep I will get weird thoughts/scenarios come into my head it's like im dreaming while I am still awake. For example yesterday I walked over a bridge on the docks over the top of the river. The following night in bed I couldn't stop a continuing scenario in my head that I either fell into the dock or jumped in myself and instantly regretting it. Which forces a mini panic in bed which of course causes discomfort and stops any attempt of me falling asleep. The thoughts change from week to week and always consists of me either doing something instantly regrettable or a scenario in which I completely embarrass myself. Is there a term for these weird events on a night and does it sound similar to what anyone else experiences? Thanks guys and girls any feedback is appreciated.

ganglia
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
I have similar problem when i try to sleep sometimes.Not like crazy scenarios but just annoying thoughts like insects,violence or disgusting things and problems of past like annoying persons that had fight with.I have found something that help me sleep and overcome these symptoms.I imagine my face sleeping!I can sleep this way very soon.Have a try.Also sometimes i have suicide thoughts only when i fall to bed that don't let me sleep.I really want to die.I think it has to do with the coffee.I have to quit this shit.

NixonRulz
03-24-2014, 03:55 PM
On a night time while I am trying to fall asleep I will get weird thoughts/scenarios come into my head it's like im dreaming while I am still awake. For example yesterday I walked over a bridge on the docks over the top of the river. The following night in bed I couldn't stop a continuing scenario in my head that I either fell into the dock or jumped in myself and instantly regretting it. Which forces a mini panic in bed which of course causes discomfort and stops any attempt of me falling asleep. The thoughts change from week to week and always consists of me either doing something instantly regrettable or a scenario in which I completely embarrass myself. Is there a term for these weird events on a night and does it sound similar to what anyone else experiences? Thanks guys and girls any feedback is appreciated.

The term for that condition is "Thinking of Fu*ked Up Stuff Before Bed"

That is really normal since you are sorta left with just your own thoughts as you lay there

During the day, you are often occupied with other things so you tend not to have so much time to focus just on thoughts

When I would hit the sac, I would do tense then relax my muscle groups starting from my toes moving upwards

I would also listed to some eastern mediation music on my headphones

It had me so relaxed that those thoughts couldn't enter my mind and I would quickly fall asleep

Or in a pinch, I would drop a benzo and it would be lights out in no time