PDA

View Full Version : First gym session since my last panic attack...freaked out

MidM3d
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
The last time I had a panic attack was 16 days ago. It was my worst panic attack. Thankfully, I can prevent them now because I know that panic attacks will not kill you.

There are still some issues I have. I went to the gym for the first time in about 17-18 days. It just didn't feel normal. I did chest exercises on those machines (at the same intensity I would do before I had anxiety), I biked and I did ab exercises. The problem I have is that I did not feel any pain at all. Yes it was tiring and painful while I was doing those exercises, but I didn't have that sore sensation all over my body I used to have when I left the gym before my anxiety. I was actually pain-free and it's freaking me out. Also, while I was driving, it was nearing sunset and I had sunlight on my eyes. Before my anxiety, like any normal person would feel, it would've bothered me. It didn't do anything to me today. I then pinched myself on my arm the hardest I can the pain just went away 2 seconds later. It's freaking me out!

Does anybody else feel that way and is there a way to feel normal again?

Thanks!

AliasEQ
03-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Hey,

I believe it's because your flight/fight response is activated constantly. When we are very stressed or worried - a reaction is triggered, called flight/fight response. It's there to protect us from physical harm.

When this reaction is triggered, chemicals like adrenaline is released into our bloodstream. So, what happens?

"Our pupils dilate. Our awareness intensifies. Our sight sharpens. Our impulses quicken. Our perception of pain diminishes. Our immune system mobilizes with increased activation."

Basically, it's there to protect us and that's why all pain diminishes. So, try to relax. Just keep on exercising, do some meditation and just in general, try to relax!

I hope this make sense. Wish you the best! :)

Elias

MidM3d
03-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Hey,

I believe it's because your flight/fight response is activated constantly. When we are very stressed or worried - a reaction is triggered, called flight/fight response. It's there to protect us from physical harm.

When this reaction is triggered, chemicals like adrenaline is released into our bloodstream. So, what happens?

"Our pupils dilate. Our awareness intensifies. Our sight sharpens. Our impulses quicken. Our perception of pain diminishes. Our immune system mobilizes with increased activation."

Basically, it's there to protect us and that's why all pain diminishes. So, try to relax. Just keep on exercising, do some meditation and just in general, try to relax!

I hope this make sense. Wish you the best! :)

Elias

Thank you! Anxiety can do some very scary stuff sometimes!

MidM3d
03-24-2014, 09:06 AM
Woke up this morning with a sore chest! Haven't been this happy being in pain lol.. stupid anxiety makes me overthink stuff for nothing!