PDA

View Full Version : Heart and body going to go out of rythm (HELP!!)

StevieH
04-20-2008, 03:24 AM
Hi All
Does anyone else feel like your Heart and body is going to go out of rythm if you let them,but sometimes you will get these missed beats but you constantly feel like everything is going out of rythm.Also food makes me feel worse and as if I am flat out inside and also makes these heartbeats worse.I feel like my whole mind and body are messed up again with fright over these heartbeat things even though I had them checked out a year ago. I just cant relax at all and need to drink on a night ,which doesnt help matters. Is there anyone else with this same problem PLEASE!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
StevieH UK

shaggy82
04-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Steve, this is completely normal! I have it allmost every day.. It feels like my heart stopped or slows down and my chest gets cold. Like my heart dont beat as fast as it should. And therefore i get cold.
But this is only anxiety.. But that doesnt make it any better in my book. The feeling is still horrible.

I've had two weeks allmost anxiety-free. But last night i got it back. These set-backs are normal and impossible to avoid allmost.

Mine took two weeks, yours took a year. Its only a set-back. Just try to remember feelings from the past, and remember that it not possible to fool death so many times! If there really was something wrong, you would get worse and end up in hospital.

Still.. i have the same thoughts, and i cant not think of them when i feel sick. So i understand you completely.

Hope you get better!

Best wishes

StevieH
04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks shaggy82
Have you ever found any medication that has helped you?
I am on beta-blockers for blood pressure and lisinopril also.I am just going to start taking zoloft instead of prozac,and sometimes I take diazepam,but that has little effect,even in high doses.Just wish I could find something that would calm me down,at 50 years old I dont think my heart can take much more. Ive had this lot now for 17 years,I have some good days,but not many in a year. This whole thing seems to go around in circles,I get suicidal through it and then I think why,I have too much to live for (kids and wife) and sometimes life can be fun,but I just cant stand these things to do with my heart.
Thanks for listening
StevieH :? :? :? :?

shaggy82
04-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I bet it really sucks. Im only 26 and have had this for 9 months. I can only imagine what its like to have this year after year.

You ask about medicine. I have never used any medicine for this, and i probably never will. I believe that medicine only take away one symptome - and give you a new one. I dont want to get addictive, and i firmly believe that the only way out of this is in my own head. Thats why i find it so dangerous to start with medicine because i might end up having to take them for ever. And if you for instance wants to learn to play the piano, you can get help by a teacher and tips and tricks, but you can only get good by playing your self.
So if medicine make you ok while you take it, what happens when you stop?

I believe that medicine can get you "started". Like in depression. Nothing helps until the person is feeling better. So if medicine can turn something around, THEN its a good use. But after a few weeks of "good days" i imagine that its hard to stop.

But im considering medicine right now actually. I have had 3 horrible days now, and i think i need 2-3 weeks to get me back on track, to make me more mature and consentrated with my learing curve. Because thats what its all about. To learn to trust your heart or your head.
And, also to trust the doctor. No one can be 100% sure of anything, but no one is more qualified to make that diagnose than a doctor.

I have also found help in memories. A diary for instance. When i go back 3 months and see that i was worried about the same thing, and felt the same thing in my heart, i have a better platform to convinse my self that nothing is wrong.
Its impossible to cheat death SO many times!

But in the heat of the night, its hard to feel this way. Its easy to say it out loud and to think it, but its a whooole other game to actually feel it.

"if you break your leg, you go to a person who knows and treats this every day - a doctor. If you get anxiety you go to a person who treats this every day - a therapist. And trust them both!"

louisrapisarda
04-20-2008, 04:30 PM
hi ive had anxiety for 3 ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW

StevieH
04-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Just having a bad time so PLEASE,PLEASE as anyone else got this feeling.
StevieH